Need help reading a phoenix BIOS....

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by sikpupy, Mar 3, 2008.

1. sikpupy

sikpupy MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2008
    Lost my supervisor password, but, didnt care, I never go in there anyways. Another reason I didnt care about it is cause I just image my drive on my other computer if I ever have problems.

Then one day I come across this site about SLIC and VISTA, found a BIOS for my T60, and, well, now I want to play with VISTA, but, we just stepped back to the locked Supervisor BIOS password problem.

I used a T60 modified ROM file with winplash and got a backup of my rom. UNfortionatly when I try to open it with the bios editor, I get a "invalid rom length" from it. I have heard this is possible, but, not sure if it is because of my file or the template I used is invalid size.

I was hoping I could open it and maybe read the sup's password, but, I dont even know if this is possible because of

A) the password would even be in there
    or
    B) what address it would be at

Would anyone know? Its the Phoenix FirstBios .....

Unfortionatly I locked all the drives at startup, but, if I need to run a DOS app on the SATA drive, I can reformat it and stick dos on it for the time being, unless I can flash through a Sup passworded BIOS, which I heard isnt really the thing to do.

Thanks.

2. sikpupy

sikpupy MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2008
    thanks, I will give that a look. Has anyone flashed a IBM BIOS with the supervisor password on? I have flash enabled, but, really dont want to experiment.