Need help. RunOnce script and how to?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Rabsplace, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Rabsplace

Rabsplace MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2008
    Hello.

This is the first "recovery partition" i create so this might be a bit obvious and easy for you guys out there, but I'm stuck.

Since I'm tierd of reinstalling my kids computers once a month spending hours uppon hours installing them I thought I just do it once more and then use ImageX and create a recovery partition/media (probobly just stick it on a USB-stick and leave it there). The problem is that I can't install Norton trail on it now without starting the timer and I want to activate it with Daz loader once it's on their respective computers. I think RunOnce and a script might do the trick, but i need real simple instructions to follow. The script is to delete itselfe and the install files once it's done.

Any one able to help?

2. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    If that's a batch file then solution is like 123. Simply edit the script with notepad and remove the line(s) which delete the files.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Place WinPE onto your usb key with ghost on it.
    Boot from the key and use ghost to backup/restore.
    If the system has a 2nd hdd you can place the backup file there...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rabsplace

Rabsplace MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2008
    Being a bit of a nut I went the whole nine yards and downloaded WAIK and Microsoft Deployment Workbench, sat up the whole night learning how it works, installed the computers, uppdated them and added all programs they need for a basic reinstall.
    Then i captured the immages and stored them on my computer. Now when they f***s up their computers I can just networkreinstall them over night and not bother more with it.

Given the time i spent on this I woud not recomend anybody to do this if they arn't as stubborn as I am.
    For those of you who are, have fun!
    It's a pain to learn, buf kind'a fun once you get the hang of it. It do help to have a bit more IT-knowlige than I did before I started, but never the less, It was fun.

/Rab

*SOLVED*