Need Help to convert win8.1 rtm to Win8.1 WMC and preserve the activation ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Rawand Kurdy, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Rawand Kurdy

Rawand Kurdy MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    Hi,Guys

I have an Windows 8 With Media Center Activated since November 2012 and i have not any problem , now i want to upgrade to win8.1 WMC

this what i downloaded

"Windows_8.1_EN-US_x64.ISO"

i need some help from you guys
    -How to convert Win8.1 rtm to wmc ?
    -Upgrade from win8 wmc to win8.1 wmc and preserve the activation ( i have more than 3 PCs i cant include the data files in each .ISO) ?

waiting

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Fortunately there are no other threads here regarding that topic :doh:. So good you started one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rawand Kurdy

Rawand Kurdy MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    #3 Rawand Kurdy, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    (OP)
    I know there are some threads about converting the win8.1 rtm to wmc but they are for x86 or download links not available or it need win8.1 preview .....

4. Rawand Kurdy

Rawand Kurdy MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    Any One Can help ? and make a good tutorial ?

5. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
  6. Rawand Kurdy

Rawand Kurdy MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    I know s1ave77 , but this nice thread is for win8.0 not 8.1 ,and yes i have a fully activated win8 with office 2013 , so what to do ?

7. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    The commands given there are still valid :D. It only needs to do it on Preview Build or any later with new adk for Win 8.1 installed, as tested by several users her, including me.

DISM learned new tricks, but it´s backward compatible :cool2:.

8. Rawand Kurdy

Rawand Kurdy MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    okay , will try it out now , reporting back in 1-3h

9. Rawand Kurdy

Rawand Kurdy MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    !You will nee Windows 8.1 Pro WMC Activated data.dat and tokens.dat files!
    win8.1 or win8.0 ? if i had 8.1 so why i will make this thread ??

10. Rawand Kurdy

Rawand Kurdy MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    Just Finished Building My Clean ISO With Net Framework 3.5 (with stock data files ), then testing the iso in Virtual Machine then do my tricks in my main powerhouse

11. Rawand Kurdy

Rawand Kurdy MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    Done, Thanks to All.
    Upgraded from win8.0 pro wmc with office 2013 to win8.1 wmc with office2013 Fully activated with my wmc key ,
    but i want to know , is there any way to activate my office with my old (win8.0 pro wmc with office 2013 activation backup ) or even i have a back up of office 2013 activation from win7 ?

12. Rawand Kurdy

Rawand Kurdy MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    Any way , i activated the office too now (via phone) , i dont know but maybe the activation is kept when upgrading (even i replaced the data files in spp\store\2.0) :biggrin:
    Thanks to anyone who helped :whistle3:

13. nicesoni_ash

nicesoni_ash MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2008
    How did you do that? Can you explain the steps please. Thanks.