Need help to recover BIOS of lenovo z580 from .cap file

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by toxicdevil, Aug 15, 2014.

1. toxicdevil

toxicdevil MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2014
    #1 toxicdevil, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    It happened after I altered HDD partitions. Now it wont go into boot menu, BIOS etc and wont boot from USB,HDD or DVD. When I turn it on I get a screen displaying specs. F2 F10 or any other key is not working. I think it is a common problem for this model but I failed to find any solution.

I downloaded 5fcn95ww.exe BIOS for this model but as I am not able to boot into windows it is of no use to me. I have managed to extract 5fcn95ww.cap file from it.

Any ideas on how to flash it?

When I put it into andys tool(I dont really know what the tool is for but I am using it for a name) it does not give me any name either. It is supposed to be a phoenix bios. The tool says EFI/INSYDE.

I will provide the link to google drive containing all the files in a minute.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByajgP3cPjCUVmFGTnZiV3hJdHM&usp=sharing

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. toxicdevil

toxicdevil MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2014
    But the thing is that I am unable to boot into windows. so cannotuse the uefi tool

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Flash from any Windows 8.x PE.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. toxicdevil

toxicdevil MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2014
    I will give it a try. But will winPE boot from USB? As Windows installation or recovery discs do not boot.