Need help to save complete websites

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Schematic, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Schematic

Schematic MDL Junior Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Im using Httrack to save complete websites for further use in case they shutdow, but i dont know what settings to use, I only want to save the structure and the texts, dont need images, also need to increase the speed of downloading cuz it stucks in 90k dl speed:mad:. Anyone that already used it can give me a help with it?:confused:

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Do I understand it right: you want to download a complete Website without pictures?

Firstly, many websites having some protection against downloading in full!
    Secondly, a website without pictures will not be complete and therefore even will not work correctly!
    Thirdly, for to get the structure, you'll need to have also the pictures!
    And last but not least: Without a few exceptions, all websites are property of the owner and the use from 3. party without proper permission is against the Copyright Law and therefore an criminal delict! Every legal website will have and copyright note, mainly on the bottom of each page!

There quite a lot apps available which doing what you're looking for. Just use our great friend Google for to find some! But keep in mind what I wrote above: many sites having some kind of protection which will prohibit you for to download completely.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Schematic

Apr 26, 2013
    Well that didnt really helped me at all. Who cares about copyright lol I think Im not going to jail cuz of that. The reason I want to copy a website its because yesterday I was able to visit a website that was shutdown recently, but I still was able to visit using Wayback Machine(I dont trust in this anymore its useless:mad:) and today it says "Page cannot be crawled or displayed due to robots.txt." Lets say I want to save this forum or a warez site, what settings to use in order to save only the first page of each thread to save in size? Even if it doesnt has the structure/layout for easy navigation, I only care mostly about the links.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    There special apps for to save just part's, like Links, of an website! Search for such Apps!

My remarks about the structure, copyright etc. were just for to point to the fact's that many of today's sites having some protection. It's anyway up to you to break any law or not, not my business!:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Because it's payware!! US$ 29.95!!

7. Schematic

Apr 26, 2013
    The one im using is freeware, but i cant figure it out how to work with it. Now the website i wanted to copy is online again in wayback machine.:weep:

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As I wrote: Do your work and search for an other apps till you find one which do what you want and fulfil your requirement! Or use Payware as an alternative!!

9. Palladin

Palladin MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2014
    If you are using FireFox, ScrapBook 1.5.8 works very well. There is another "updated" one, ScrapBook Plus version 1.9.23.40 that adds a few things to the original. I prefer the original one though, so YMMV.

10. philthy07

philthy07 MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2014

Try Backstreet browser. Works fully functional for 30 days, then uninstall and run regvac and reinstall for another 30 days, rinse and repeat.