Need help updating BIOS so its SLP 2.1 SLIC, and I also have a few other questions.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Vustom, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Vustom

Vustom MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2011
    #1 Vustom, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
    I've never updated my BIOS before but I need to now as I'm preparing to install Windows 7 Ultimate while using a OEM SLP Key, but my BIOS does not have SLP 2.1 SLIC, I have a HP Pavilion Elite m9180a Desktop PC and my motherboard is a Asus IPIBL-LB (h t t p : / / h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01324212&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3660883&tmp_track_link=ot_search#N33).

I'm not sure which ver. of BIOS I'm running, and I'm not sure which SLP 2.1 SLIC BIOS update to install below, nor do I know how to install the BIOS update, I'm not even sure if there's anything else that I need to do to get the OEM SLP Key working.

Also, when/if I do activate a OEM SLP Key, will I be able to get Windows updates still?

This is what I found;

2. Vustom

Vustom MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2011
    I also found this; h t t p : / / forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/7500-All-Slics-2.1-%28Modded-Bios-List%29-Note-For-requests-use-Bios-Mod-Requests-section/page45?p=116998&viewfull=1#post116998

But NoJuan999's download link is offline.

3. Vustom

Vustom MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2011
    Okay, after reading a few posts I'm going to go ahead and download Asus_IPIBL-LB_for_HP_REV_5.35_SLIC_2.1.rar and then create a bootable USB and put the files inside the .rar inside the USB, then I plan to make the USB the first boot option in the BIOS and then when I get to the point where I'm at the command point I will type in afudos 535_SLIC_ROM /p /b /c, with a bit of luck this will work.

4. Vustom

Vustom MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2011
    I've ran into a problem, when I'm at the command screen where I need to type "afudos 535_SLIC_ROM /p /b /c" I can't because my keyboard doesn't work for some reason, it's fine when I'm in BIOS but just not when I'm updating the BIOS, is there anyway this can be fixed?

When I press a button while I'm trying to type "afudos 535_SLIC_ROM /p /b /c" my keyboard light lights up but then turns off again.

5. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Your wireless keyboard is the problem. You need to try diffefrent keyboard. In dos it is not being reconised.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...