Need help with Aspire One AOA150 bios mod

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by JBenal, Nov 12, 2009.

1. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Searched the forums for a similar request but didn't find one before posting this.

Acer Aspire One AOA150 currently has BIOS Rev. 3310. Tried using this patched BIOS:

Acer Aspire One AOA150 ver. 3310 : Insyde
    slic=Acer, mod Orbiting234, tested Orbiting234
    h t t p://w w w . b o x . n e t/shared/2kpstrdqbd

Flas**t.exe fails with no error message. Only thing I can think of is that it won't install modded 3310 over official Rev. 3310. I looked at flas**t to see if it had a force option, but don't see one. Tried to install an older BIOS, so I could then upgrade to the modded Rev. 3310, but that also failed. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    OK, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to run flas**t.exe from within Windows. I created a bootable USB stick and booted in Win 98, then ran the appropriate batch file. I was able to flash my BIOS to the latest version with SLIC 2.1! Woohoo! Thanks to Orbiting234 for this great mod. :) Next step, OEM activation and no more loader!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stemcell

stemcell MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
    Could you upload the files you used on your usb stick, also what you did would be great as i am not too tech savvy :p...Thanks

4. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    #4 JBenal, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  5. CarpelDMK

CarpelDMK MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2010
    Tried this BIOS with dell install media (all I have at the moment) - is there a mod of this bios that will accept dell keys?

Thanks, from a bios n00b