Need help with audio problems.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by phucbui7718, Oct 9, 2011.

1. phucbui7718

phucbui7718 MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    #1 phucbui7718, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
    Hello everyone,

Recently, the sound of my Toshiba Laptop (Running win 7 x64 Ultimate, model a205-s7468) went off all of a sudden. I've tried My computers > Propertes> Device managers > Sounds, video games controller to check if there is any problem with the drivers or update. But no "?" or "!" showed on Realtek High Definition Audio (nor any devices, everything seems to be up-to-date).

I've tried many things but still, nothing worked out for me. Additionally, I ran a troubleshooting audio test but everything said no "no issue present".

So I wonder what could be the problem? Could it be an internal damage to my sound card or any audio-related hardware?

Any helps/suggestions will be appreciated. :)

2. chianf092

chianf092 MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2008
    If Win 7 is saying there is no issues, and your Soundcard isn't muted. I would try to get a headset and test to see if you get sound that way. If you get sound through a headset then your issue is the speakers. If when you plug in the headset and still no sound it sounds like your sound card might be the issue.

I would also try to uninstall your sound card and reinstall it to see if the drivers aren't loading properly.

Hope this helps

3. phucbui7718

phucbui7718 MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback.

None of the Headsets or earphones worked either.

Just tried to uninstall and re-install and the result remained the same. :p

4. phucbui7718

phucbui7718 MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    ^
    Yeah... Nothing worked out for me. I guess it's time to get a new sound card :p.

One last question, I saw some external USB sound cards on Ebay. I wonder how do those external sound cards work? Do they work even when my hardware (Sound card) is broken?

If those can temporarily solve my problem, then I might consider to get one in meantime. :)

Thanks for all the helps!

5. chianf092

chianf092 MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2008
    They will work, they aren't the greatest but you are correct that it is a good temporary solution.

6. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    if your card was present like 5.1 or 7.1 try to map 2.0 stereo to 5.1 or 7.1 ...
    I loose two hours with that stupid thing ... check all audio properties ...
    (everything is OK but no sound).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...