Need help with bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by tbbuc, Nov 3, 2011.

1. tbbuc

tbbuc MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2011
    I have been reading your website all morning and I'm a bit confused. Can someone please assist me? I have an HP dv5 1253cl laptop. when i turn it on i get HP battery alert message, i hit enter to continue and then get serial number not found. hitting escape is my only option. i then hit f10 for the bios and noticed the serial number is missing, the UUID is a bunch of zeros, the product confiuration id is a bunch of zeros and the factory installed os says non-vista. The bios is InsydeH20, bios version is F.11, system board id is 3602.

I have done a search for this problem and have read that I need to tattoo the motherboard. and that HP is the only one who can do it because they have an HP DMI tool. I'm trying to get this laptop back-up and running for a co-worker but HP says it is out of warranty and will have to pay anywhere from 80 - 400 dollars. Needless to say she does not want to pay that. Is there a way to fix it? I have read your phoenix thread but most of the links are missing and I'm a bit lost. Can someone help me? Thanks

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tbbuc

tbbuc MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2011
    thanks, will give it a shot.