Need help with chaning lock screen unattended

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by amit_talkin, Oct 8, 2016.

1. amit_talkin

amit_talkin MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    #1 amit_talkin, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    Hi guys,

I am trying to set a custom lock screen for my Win10 RedStone update on OOBE mode. I am messing with it for last 15 days and found no luck changing it. I have found registry keys which are responsible for it, but I cant manage to get it working. It always select stock image after OOBE.
    Here are the keys I have found.

any help would be appreciated :).

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Better should tell, what this phrase means? What do you want to do exactly or what should be the custom screen? How it should look.
    Somehow it is difficult to help you if do not know what needs to be done and what must be the result.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #3 Mr.X, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Trying to put on him your lack of intelligence and expertise by making such "smart" questions doesn't make you any smarter at all, seriously.:tea:

On the contrary, it shows your ignorance but you don't want to humblingly ask to learn

4. amit_talkin

amit_talkin MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Wow! I thought being a MDL user You should have known the terms I have written in the post. I have edited the post with little explaination for You.
    back to the topic, any clues guys? can it be set with some kinda of scripts or something?

5. GlennChugg

GlennChugg MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2014
    github . com/PFCKrutonium/Windows-10-Login-Background-Changer

The guys who had the best tools for configuring the logon screen have abandoned Redstone, Microsoft changed it all up for no obvious reasons so I am not even sure it would be worth a modders time to update tools to handle multiple versions, because there is nothing to stop Microsoft doing another update and changing it again and again. If you really need a custom logon then it will require you do it manually from a LivePE and remotely load the locked registry to modify it's data offline (in many cases you can change registry entries by double clicking a .reg, but not by calling reg.exe or regedit.exe to do it via script, so if you can change it like that write up a step by step tutorial and keep that with your work instead.