Need Help with clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate with no key or activation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Greg B, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Greg B

Greg B MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2013
    I have a Lenovo laptop X230T that I would like to do a clean install on, as I have no Recovery media on it and would like a clean untouched copy anyways. I downloaded Windows 7 SP1 X64 12in1 OEM ESD en-US Jan 2017 and wanted to know if this is a good copy to install? Is there a better copy I should use for the Ultimate version? I am using Rufus to install through USB driver. However, I do not know how to activate this once I download it or what to do when it asks for product keys along the way of installing as I have never done this before. Can anyone suggest what activation method I should use and what copy of Windows Ultimate would be best to use? I know this is one way suggested below in notepad attached to the download and the activation method in this download is per the notepad reading as pasted below:

Looks like two different activators are used and I have no idea why.

* Windows 7 SP1 X64 12in1 OEM ESD en-US Jan 2017

[ RELEASE INFO ]

* File: WIN7.X64.12in1.ENU.JAN.2017.iso
    * Size: 3,22GB
    * Format: Bootable ISO

* CRC32: 4847ec3b
    * MD5: 0f853cb155b878ebc1f0935128ecac4d
    * SHA-1: c91bef5a121d78119b89e4e42c0a000f3e1ff2dd

[ SOURCES ]
    * X17-59465 & dvd-677651
    [ LANGUAGE ]
    * ENGLISH US
    [ CONTENTS ]
    * Integrated / Pre-installed:
    * Internet Explorer 11
    * .NET Framework 4.6.2
    * Important & Security Updates - 2017-01-10
    ( incl KB3212642 Security Only Quality Update )

* Setupcomplete / Post-install:
    * Windows Defender Updates
    [ FEATURES ]
    * UEFI-ready
    * (Use attached Rufus USB-tool to make UEFI-bootable)
    * install.wim compressed to recovery format (install.esd)
    * Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 10.0 (Microsoft DaRT)

[ EDITIONS INCLUDED ]
    * Windows 7 Home Premium - - STD / DAZ / OEM
    * Windows 7 Professional - - STD / DAZ / OEM
    * Windows 7 Enterprise - - - STD / KMS / OEM
    * Windows 7 Ultimate - - - - STD / DAZ / OEM

* STD = Standard installation
    * DAZ = Activated by DAZ Loader v2.2.2.0
    * KMS = Activated by KMS
    * OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) will automatically
    * activate original version installed by Manufacturer.
    * Pre-Activated index will auto-reboot to complete the activation.

* Activators: Daz Loader v2.2.2.0 & KMS
    ( Both Activators Potential False Positive Virus Alarm )

[ SCREENSHOTS ]

[ INSTALLATION & INFORMATION ]
    * Create bootable USB (highly recommended) with Rufus,
    * (attached) or burn to DVD at slow speed.

[ CREDITS ]
    * ashish.k, milrob & stevie-boy for continued
    * support & help with user questions.

* Hope you will enjoy this release!
    * Regards,
    * Generation2 @ ET, KAT &

==============================================================

Any help on the installation would be appreciated as I have read many posts on this and still am somewhat confused on inserting product keys and such. Also how to get drivers specific to laptop from the Lenovo site.

thanks

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The used iso can hardly be called a clean untouched install source ;)

4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. Greg B

Greg B MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2013
    #7 Greg B, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    (OP)
    I got the download from getintomypc. I also got one from the Microsoft site under OS downloads. I figured these were clean ISO's but please correct me if I am wrong as you are all clearly well knowledgeable about this. I will download the one suggested, but as far as SCIC 2.1 this is the first I have heard that term. After reading about it, my guess is I do have it installed as I have a Lenovo laptop from a OEM version of Windows key on bottom, but no Windows was ever installed. I am not sure that SCIC is installed on the BIOS during the Windows install or if it comes to Lenovo that way. Right now the laptop will only boot to two things, boot mode and one other configuration. There is no navigating the BIOS menu or anything like that on this laptop right now. It looks nothing like booting into BIOS when trying to put back another image of Windows. So I am not sure if SCIC 2.1 was ever installed on this yet. It does show a product key on the bottom of laptop for Windows Home Premium. However I don't want to screw this install up and searched to this great site and forgot I was here years ago.

As for the download I posted, I called Microsoft up to try and get some info on this product key. I told him I lost my recovery media and had no way to reinstall Windows. He actually did a remote for me, made the Rufus USB drive for me, and provided the download link that I am used above. He told me to download it, extract to USB drive after I had downloaded, and install. You can see that it has the activation KMS loader with it.

Wow, I was surprised after reading more on this. He literally did me a big favor and I didn't even realize it. However, if it is possible to find out if SCIC 2.1 is installed on this laptop, I won't be able to tell as it will not boot to any BIOS configuration other than the boot mode.

Am I correct in saying that all suggest I download one of the links from above and use the Windows Loader? Is the Windows Loader the DAZ loader 2.2.2? I found the page on how to use this to activate Windows and will read it over and study it unless someone wants to offer some suggestions on this loader for my activation.

One last question and probably the most important is once I install Windows 7, I will not have any drivers specific for this model laptop. Do I download the wifi drivers and install them after the Windows installation so I can get to the Lenovo driver page and have it auto check what drivers I need or is there a program that will do this for you? If so, do I install the driver to a specific directory in C drive, or will it use an automatic drive when installing since it is an .exe file?

I will read over the DAZ loader and download the version you all suggested, and if I have any questions on activation with this method, I will repost back. I will also take some photos of what my laptop is booting into right now. I can get it to boot to the USB drive, and since this has no disc drive, it would be the only way I could get it installed. I suppose once I do this I will have a better idea of what is going on. I sure would like to turn this on permanently like Tito suggested. Should I just give that way a try first and see what happens since I can start all over again if not successful as I can't loose any data or files with this clean install? Would anyone help me do it this way and see what happens? I sure would like to give it a try first.

I appreciate all the answers and comments back and will download all the versions in all replies to this post.

Greg

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Really, a MSFT employee advised you to download a homebrew + pirated iso on tpb/kat and made you a bootable usb using rufus via remote? Are you sure it wasn't "da microsoft company" (scammers) from india?

8. Greg B

Greg B MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2013
    #9 Greg B, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    (OP)
    Tito, thank you for this link which I couldn't requite exactly due to post count, as I missed it first time in reading it. I downloaded the file for my laptop and it is zipped. How do I use this? Does it autorun when unzipped and executed? Do I put on USB stick after unzipping? Do I use it before Windows install? I have no idea how to use this or where info is for it. only thing notepad says is:

"Flash from DOS, type: flash.bat"

Does this modify the Bios to accept the permanent activation of Windows as you stated above to get rid of the SCIC 2.2? I am only guessing but I have been introduced to a new world of terminology and techniques here and clearly need help on this, as a lot of time was spent preparing all these downloads for each and every model of computer I see on the site. Does the Lenovo X230 model work for the X230 T model also? One is a laptop (X230) and the other is a tablet (X230T) with digital stylus. Mine is X230T and I downloaded X230. Did not see X230T. Since flashing is involved I have to be sure I am using right download should I decide to do this. Any suggestions and comments on this also, as I know little what I am talking about right now.

Edit to say after rereading your post looks like the turn on permanently is only if SCIC is not on laptop. Looks like these downloads are all ways to prepare for permanent activation in BIOS.

9. Greg B

Greg B MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2013
    Yes, it was the India group. I should have specified more on this. Doubt MS would have offered that.

10. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Take Michaela Joy's advice and get a truly clean copy to install. In the long run doing that is going to save you a lot of trouble.

11. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I've used Acronis and the built-in system image maker with great success. If your need is to be able to revert to a previous stable installation, either should work for you. If you need to have a recovery partition, there's no harm in that. Since your need is an imperative, maybe you need to use more than one method. I now use only the built-in image maker but that's just my current preference. They all serve the same purpose: revert to a prior moment in time to regain a stable system. Just keep in mine, any new data create after the latest image is made will be lost after any image type recovery, so backup, backup, backup.

12. Greg B

Greg B MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2013
    #14 Greg B, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    (OP)
    PhaseDoubt,

Are you referring to windows backup and restore or system restore?
    I just want to back up my first install as a default, something like "factory restore" when you buy a new computer type.

I will have to partition the disk to do this, so I can get the partition separate from the main OS. Do I have to use a secondary app to do this, or does Windows 7 allow you to create another partition during setup or do you have to do it later after Windows is completely installed? I want to mirror the exact image I am putting on it for the recovery partition just like factory restore, then do individual backups every so often using Acronis or maybe even native Windows backup. I have never used Windows Backup before and find Acronis has gotten so bloated, in my opinion, I would rather just have a simple program to revert my image back to. To each his own, I guess. Think I will start now, as the laptop is Bios and not UEFI or something like that, so I guess I am ready. Worst scenario is I will have to do it all over again.

Since none of the questions I had have been addressed, I will just proceed and learn from any mistakes I make. I can't wait any longer to get this up and running.. but do appreciate all comments. I will let you know how it goes and what I encountered for other newbies like me that have not done a clean install before so they can relate to my experience somewhat better.

13. Greg B

Greg B MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2013
    #15 Greg B, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    (OP)
    OK got Windows 7 Ultimate installed and it went extremely fast. Now I was going to try a product key and just see if it might activate, I clicked on Start>right click Computer>click Properties>and at bottom of screen says Windows Activation "3 days until automatic activation . Activate Windows now. Gives Product key number with option to change product key."

I am not connected to the internet just yet, as I have not installed Wi Fi drivers. Should I install Wifi drivers at this point and see what it says then, and then install and run DAZ 2.2.2? Then try some product keys and see if by some fate of luck this may work?

Edit to say I just downloaded Wifi drivers and it is now connected to internet via wireless. Windows activation is still showing same dialogue as I stated above. Should I run DAZ now to try some product keys?

Edit, Edit to say I just installed DAZ and Windows in now activated. All went much easier than expected and I am in processs of updating my Windows 7 files before I update and install all drivers on Lenovo site.

14. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I think that the DAZ 2.2.2 will work for you without having to go on line first.
    You can install all your drivers after you authenticate, Good idea to get your drivers first so you'll be ready

15. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
  16. Abacinator

Abacinator MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2017
    Download a clean .iso from a mirror of the official Windows site.
    Use Rufus that you already know about to create .iso
    Skip entering Product Code during installation.
    Finally, use Windows Loader, found on these forums, to activate your product.

17. NeddieSeagoon

NeddieSeagoon MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2017
    Thx 4 the advice dude !