Need help with modding Dell Bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by blusky, Nov 24, 2009.

1. blusky

blusky MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2009
    -Manufacturer: Intel( OEM for Dell Demensions XPS Gen 2)
    -Motherboard Model:GH001 U2424 06H001 0U2424
    -Bios revision: A06
    -Bios Type: Phoenix BIOS
    -Bios Download Link: http://support.dell.com/support/dow...DIM_PNT_P4_XPS_G2&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
    -RW Everything Report Download Link: Attachment
    Trying to upgrade Bios for Windows 7. Windows XP Pro currently installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this bios file cannot be modified. This is DELL Phoenix bios file and to modify it means you need to have a slic 2.0 already existing in the bios file. This is pre-vista and as a result there is no slic 2.0 in it....I am afraid you will have to use a loader though loaders do not work well with windows 7 WAT (Windows Activation Technology) technology because WAT finds loaders and renders them to be incapable of using and thus windows 7 will shut down...sorry.

3. blusky

blusky MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2009
    Thank you very much Busykid508. I do appreciate your help. Well , looks like a bit of bad news however better than spending days trying to mod my bios and in the end finding out it will not work.

If I were to purchase a full licenced copy of Windows 7 ultimate, since it is not a Oem version , it should work on my Dell Demensions XPS Gen 2??
    Other choice is to try loader.
    Thanks again.