Need help with slipstreaming process

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by haudujudu, Jul 2, 2016.

1. haudujudu

haudujudu MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2016
    Hi all,

I want to create a customized Windows XP installation media with one of the update packs, AIO, user_hidden, SP4...doesn't matter which one and to include some addons, tweaks...etc. I've downloaded an untouched XP VLK .iso which I'd like to use as an installation source.

I don't have a valid license for it, but I do know how to obtain a VLK product key...which will almost immediately get invalidated.

How do I pre-activate it...(or whatever the term is for XP) in the slipstreaming process so I don’t need to enter product-key each time I reinstall Windows and so that it stays activated-genuine? What tools to use?

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. haudujudu

haudujudu MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2016
    Urie, thanks for helping me out man!

I've just realized that I'm completely lost with all this VLK, OEM stuff, because I always thought that OEM type of an OS is tied to laptops only....like Asus, Dell...etc, and not PCs.

This basically means that I'll have to use an OEM installation source and not VLK. I've read somewhere that VLK, RETAIL can be converted to OEM, but it I don't want to mess something up, so I'll just download a fresh untouched OEM iso and start from there.

The thread you've linked, I have it in my bookmarks and I'm going to read it again. If necessary, I'll ask for help there.

Once again, thank you very much for your help!