Need Help with USB after using Bitlocker? Heeeeeellllp :(

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DARKOR04, Nov 3, 2010.

1. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    #1 DARKOR04, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
    Hello guys!

My problem is that after encrypting USB Kingmax 8GB With Bitlocker To Go (Windows 7 Ultimate), I shutdown computer then when restarted again windows not even know I plug the USB on it..... try unplug and plug it again but nada, its like the USB do not exist for the system....

Any recommendations? and don't want to throw away the USB it has valuable data on it.... its driving me nuts.... helpp:(

Note I plug it to the other three pc/laptos I own but the same the pendrive do not "exits" I think its dead for ever....

Edit: I encrypted 2 other USB drives 2GB with Bitlocker with them everything fine no problems...

2. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    ?what about formatting the pendrive?

3. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    No I can't the pendrive do "not exist" I plug in it but nothing, It like nothing its plug in The light do not even flash (light of pendrive)

4. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    try running command prompt as administrator and ran a chkdsk on the drive with /f/r parameters.

edit : oh..the pendrive is not recognize? wow..let me think first

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I would say your pendrive is screwed nothing to do with bitlocker, I have one simmilar happened because i removed it because it froze when copying files.

6. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Try running diskpart from cmd.
    Then in the diskpart window type 'list disk' and see if it appears there.

And have you already tried it in an other usb port or an other pc?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Computer Fixer

Computer Fixer MDL Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Sounds like the flashdrive went bad.
    It happens, I sent two Ridata 8GB drives (the hard to find ones with the write protect switch on the side) back this summer after one failed to recognize in any computer I inserted it in, and the other had inconsistent write results. Both purchased back in Feb of this year- Ridata replaced both under warranty.
    If it fails to recognize in every PC you try it in.... it's dead Jim :(

FWIW- I was looking at flashdrives on newegg the other day... and there were some that had lifetime warranties. That may be a deciding factor next time I'm looking to buy one of the expensive >64GB drives.

8. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Not a good omen.

Thus im going to go out on a limb and say hes a goner...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...