Need Help With Weird Lan Issue !

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by hellgrace5, Jun 1, 2009.

1. hellgrace5

hellgrace5 MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2009
    #1 hellgrace5, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
    Hello fellow forum mates ~!

I have this weird issue and seems that i couldn't solve it !

My Local Area Network will just go suddenly pop out "Local Network unplugged"
    usually during high loading internet traffic during in-game.

It pops up for a second and then I lose my connection. I usually regain my connection in a few seconds, but I still have to restart my browser so it can load things again. (Mainly youtube movies) If this happens during an online game, I lose my connection to the server and have to reconnect, which becomes very frustrating during a good game. Is this some kind of a virus sickness ? My ESET NOD32 is not giving any threat alarms yet so yeah. I ping 192.168.1.1
    when its unplugged it gives me "Hardware error." sometimes "Destination host unreachable"

What I've tried were
    1)changed new LAN cable
    2)reset and upgraded my router firmware
    3)up to date network card
    4)clean PCI network card contact surface with motherboard
    5)changed new network card

Connection : Cable direct from router to PC.

Any help or information will enlighten me! thanks in advance and good night!

2. hellgrace5

hellgrace5 MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2009
    @bump up the thread. come on people. is there anyone out there willing to help me ? its very frustrating ! Sorry and thanks again.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. hellgrace5

hellgrace5 MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2009
    i am sorry for the lack informations. the router im using is Aztech DSL605EW. I am from Malaysia and the ISP is Telekom Malaysia Streamyx. will check on the web u gave me and thanks for replying ^^

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    No worries just trying to help but personally i would try your ISP it may have forums here in the UK telephone company wiring maybe different. example over here some will say disconnect wire 3 from your master socket because it was used for bell ringing which is not used with modern day phone and it act like an aerial picking up interference just an example.

6. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    If wireless disconnects client from router, it could be interference, obstacles, wifi adapter drivers for starters.

Connect via wire, if wired is rock solid the problem are the wireless transmissions. If wired also disconnects, either your router or your ISP/Modem has a problem.

7. oreo27

oreo27 MDL Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Also, there are some very weird routers (like one I've encountered) that tend to disconnect every now and then due to port forwarding.

P.S. That's with updated Windows, Firmware and Drivers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. puppycake

puppycake MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2009
    You probably solved your issue by now but i'm new here and I just read your post now.Anyway if your router is wireless it could be a 2.4ghz cordless phone.I had a similiar problem...Whenever my next door neighbour's phone would ring or she made a call on it I would lose my connection for a few mins..pain in the ass to say the least...I changed to a different router!!