Need help with WHS v1

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by lickitysplit, Aug 16, 2011.

1. lickitysplit

lickitysplit MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2010
    Hi,

I apoligise for driving everyone crazy with a n00b question, but I cannot seem to activate my copy of WHS v1. I have been trying for several days, and over several installs, following the instructions on this forum, but I lack the knowledge to know what I am doing wrong.

My biggest problem is the SLP string which needs to be in the BIOS. I have used the DMI-USB tool to tattoo my bios, but when I use the OEMBIOS tool to check what CRC value I have so I can get the appropriate file set, it says something like I do not have one of the 18 recognised SLP strings (that is not the exact wording, but its something like that).

I am using a Biostar P4P80-M7 mobo, which runs an Award BIOS.

PLEASE help me!!!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. lickitysplit

lickitysplit MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2010
    Thank you VERY much Tito. I searched this forum for a long time for that Slic 2.1 modded BIOS thinking any change in the bios might add some SLP strings. I'm not sure why the search function didn't reveal your post.

It worked like a charm; showing SLP strings for Dell, IBM, and HP. I am installing the correct OEMBIOS files now, and I will post results in a few minutes.

4. lickitysplit

lickitysplit MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2010
    #4 lickitysplit, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
    (OP)
    I'm not sure if this is normal, but hopefully I'm in good shape. I used the OEMBIOS tool to install the correct OEMBIOS files, and it looked like it also added an OEM key, so that should have done it right?

When I use the OOBE tool, it does not say I am activated, and gives me the change to insert a key and register with M$. However, the activation request has stopped popping up, it is no longer on the start menu, and there is no timer on it anymore. It does not say activated though... is this normal?

At some point, I installed antiwpa to try and activate, and I do not know how to uninstall it. Could this be messing with proper activation? How do you remove it?

Thanks again for all the help.

EDIT - I put the date forward 1 year, to make sure it would not demand activation, and now it still does not say I am activated with OOBE, but I can no longer enter a key. The only option I have is to activate with microsoft, but the connection times out (presumable because the date is wrong). This mean I'm ok?

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    You made some Frankenbuild (most likely due to antiwpa)

sebus

6. lickitysplit

lickitysplit MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2010
    Long as it works :biggrin:

Is there a tool to remove antiwpa? Can it be removed manually? (I see the antiwpa.dll in the sys32 folder).

7. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    AntiWPA can remove itself :D

You can use AntiWPA3.cmd to install / uninstall the patch. Just make sure you close any AV / anti-Malware apps first ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...