need help with windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mecael, Jan 19, 2014.

1. mecael

mecael MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2014
    Hi people. I had a fully functional windows that was updating and everything but I had that stupid "This copy of windows is not genuine. :mad: I went on line an used the SLMGR -REARM command:eek::evil2: it sent my laptop back to the stone age.
    I seem to have lost windows update. it wont let me apply themes. and to top it all off I read somewhere that it is only temporary fix. I tried to do a restore but it didn't make the slightest difference. i am an artist with the entire adobe suite on my laptop which I cant afford to replace.
    any help with out a clean install, would be most appreciated.:worthy:

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Also without fail image the drive with weekly incremental backups so you don't have to learn the hard way how valuable your data is to you ;)

4. mecael

mecael MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2014
    I tried this it wouldn't let me. Kept coming up with windows host windows fail or something. I was logged in with windows amin.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You tried what exactly ?

6. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Did you understand the thread Tito provided you.? Did you act accordingly in the right manner.?Just ask if you need detailed steps. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...