Need help with: Windows 8 Login Screen Background

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by xslord, Aug 30, 2012.

1. xslord

xslord MDL Junior Member

Sep 13, 2009
    I know this one is gonna be a difficult one, but nevertheless, maybe somebody has come across a sweet tweak to change the Windows 8 Login Screen Backgroung (or color)

Windows8_LoginScreen.png

If so please share it the community!

Attached Files:

2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    DISREGARD: Argh, don't know how I misunderstood your request. :) I've got to go to bed.

What worked for me was what I did when I installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview.

Google for "tweakslogon.zip", last version I know of was v1.2. With this program I was able to change that background. It was intended for Windows 7 but it worked for me with the CP. Then I used a Microsoft Account to logon and to sync. Now every computer I sync with that account automatically gets that background. If there's another easier way someone please share. I still have the RP and can probably get the CP too if this trick doesn't work under the RP, but it's a little pain to do for everyone's PCs. :)

If I remember correctly, the RTM blocks this program, but the CP definitely didn't.

Edit: I do recall attempting to follow someone's directions to change the picture manually, and it didn't work for me. I wasn't able to delete the old picture or rename it, so I couldn't replace it with my own, and this was after taking ownership of the file/folder.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...