Need Help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by NuttyBuddy, Oct 29, 2009.

1. NuttyBuddy

NuttyBuddy MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    After downloading the ISO file it passed the hash check. Then I burned it and made my installation DVD for Windows 7 Ultima RTM. When I try to install it I get to about 20% complete then I get an error box saying that there are missing files. I tried both + and - DVD discs and still get the same error box. I thought I had a bad DVD burner, so I went and bought a new one - still does not work. I can still go back and install Windows Vista DVD. I did this about 20 times in two days. Any help would be very much appreciated. :eek:

2. Opa

Opa MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    Did you try to burn at a lower speed?

3. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    What are you using to burn the DVD, try imgburn.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NuttyBuddy

NuttyBuddy MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    #5 NuttyBuddy, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    (OP)
    Still Trying

Burned at 16X and 8X using ultra iso. I used this before and it always worked. I used this same procedure before and made a DVD and used it on my desktop and a laptop. But the other day I decided to do a clean install on my desktop. That's when I first got that dialogue box at about 20%. I looked at my DVD and saw bad scratches, so I decided to make a new DVD using the same method I used to make the first DVD (that worked). Now nothing works!!

Update 10-30-2009, I have tried all the recommendations from your replies and still no luck. I have downloaded a new iso file and it passed the hash check then I burn a DVD at 4X like before it did not work. So then I tried burning to a USB flash drive and that did not work. I all so checked my memeory and it passed. Any new ideas? Thanks for the Help

5. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  6. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

Ultra ISO is great but everytime I have tried to use it to burn the disk it made a coaster for me. Try another utility. I use imgburn and Ultra ISO for about 90% of my burning and imaging needs with good results. Let us know if you get it figured out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Gethsemane

Gethsemane MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I also suggest Imgburn. Simple, easy and it does a great job on everything I've ever burned. 0 problems from this program. You could try the evaluation of Nero but Nero is so damn bloated these days it takes forever to download and even longer to install. To hell with that infested bloatware of a program :p

8. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    windows 7 help

are you installing with- in windows,this happened to me when i was,so i booted from the disc and then installed and it worked.

9. danny3456

danny3456 MDL Member

Aug 22, 2009
    The above are very good softwares, but if you still have problems, instead of trying different combinations of discs, software and speed, you should stick to your default burning software come with you dvd rom - usually free from manufacturers. Use a good dvd disc and burn in low speed not faster than 12X. If you still have problems, you should have the reason to doubt your download may have problems that you should download from another source again.:)

10. C.S.I.

C.S.I. MDL Junior Member

Sep 7, 2009
    He says the checksums are correct, then his download has to be good.

If you cannot also install (hangs at 20%) from a flashdrive, then u must have a hardware issue.

Or maybe as someone else mentioned, you are trying an upgrade from Vista.

Are you booting from the flashdrive/DVD ??? or not.

11. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
  12. NuttyBuddy

NuttyBuddy MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    Still No Luck

First off I want to thank everyone that replied to this situation. I have come to the conclusion that it must be a hardware problem, either the motherboard or memory. The only version of windows I can install is my old 32 bit windows vista. I've been trying to install 64 bit ultima. I bought a 64 bit home premium at Best Buy and to my surprise it also had the same problem. So it is happening to both original DVD and the ones I burned. That's why I now think it's hardware. I'm taking a few days break from this!! Again, thanks for the help.

13. C.S.I.

C.S.I. MDL Junior Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Your processor (CPU) is probably not x64 capable.

Have you tried the x86 Version of 7??

If not, give that a whirl.

If you have =< 3GB RAM, then x86 (32bit) is all you need anyways.

Let us know.

14. thanhvnn1

thanhvnn1 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    can i ask one question ?!

if 3gb ram and core2dual 2.0ghz, intel graphic family GMA 4500MHD , so is it possible for x64 w7 ???

thanks

15. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009

dualcores are 64bit capable, so yes. graphics seem a little low, but it's possible.

16. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    @ nuttybuddy

can you specify the cpu type and model ?

CSI can be right. Maybe your cpu isn't 64bit capable

17. NuttyBuddy

NuttyBuddy MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    #18 NuttyBuddy, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    (OP)
    My specs

CPU Intel DUO E8500
    Motherboard EVGA Nforce680i sli
    Memory OCZ PLATINUM 4GB
    Graphic Card e-GeForce GTS 260

This all started after I had the 64 bit win7 RTM install and working but I decided to do a clean install. Was this a case of if it works don't fix it. I tried both 32 bit and 64 bit Microsoft original Home Premium win7 DVDs
    and no luck. The only OS that will install is Microsoft original Windows Vista 32bit DVD. This just doesn't make sense. I have burned both ISO 32 bit and 64 bit to DVD and a USB Flash Drive with the some results.

18. NuttyBuddy

NuttyBuddy MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    My specs

CPU Intel DUO E8500
    Motherboard EVGA Nforce680i sli
    Memory OCZ PLATINUM 4GB
    Graphic Card e-GeForce GTS 260

I tried both 32 bit and 64 bit Microsoft original Home Premium win7 DVDs
    and no luck. The only OS that will install is Microsoft original Windows Vista 32bit DVD. This just doesn't make sense. I have burned both ISO 32 bit and 64 bit to DVD and a USB Flash Drive with the some results.

19. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Yea, his CPU Supports x64 alright. That is the same CPU I have and I Ran x64 through the whole beta process.