Need HELP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shashikumar bhat, Oct 4, 2011.

1. shashikumar bhat

shashikumar bhat MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Since last week I have been getting a pop up while starting my Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, Daz's Loader. It is like this:

Machine Debug Manager (MDM)
    Usage: MDM (Option)

Options:
    / dumpjit: display current J.I.T.(Just In Time) debugging settings

/ remotecfg: configure remote J.I.T.(Just In Time) debugging options.

OK

The first time this appeared was when I opened IObit Advanced System Care 4 routinely. Since then it appears whenever I start my machine. So I removed ASC4 completely with revo. I have run Malware Byte & Avast AVS. Both report the system is clean.

But the pop up still appears. Please tell me what is this actually and how to get rid of this.
    :fear:
    Thanks.

2. IronMaiden

IronMaiden MDL Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Sounds to me like a left-over startup entry serving no real purpose...did you run msconfig and examine your startup entries?
    MDM is a part of Visual Studio as far as I know and not really useful unless you're a programmer. It can be safely disabled from services.

3. shashikumar bhat

Jul 13, 2011
    IronMaiden,

4. IronMaiden

IronMaiden MDL Member

Oct 27, 2009
  5. shashikumar bhat

Jul 13, 2011
    Sorry. I posted before writing. I did what you suggested but the pop up is still there. So I have enabled MDM again. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks again.:sad3:

6. IronMaiden

IronMaiden MDL Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Ah. :)
    OK, but MDM itself isn't responsible for the popup you're getting. I just wanted to add what it was and that it could be disabled, sorry if I wasn't clear. There still must be something starting with Windows that causes it...

Did you at all uninstall SystemCare with its own uninstaller or did you jump straight to Revo to do the job? Revo might've missed something in the process. I'd download SystemCare again and then install and immediately uninstall it, and maybe then follow up with a third-party uninstaller or cleaner. Sometimes that does the trick...

7. shashikumar bhat

Jul 13, 2011
    Did it the way you mentioned. Also removed Malware byte. But the pop up is there.
    Thanks.

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  9. shashikumar bhat

Jul 13, 2011
    Thanks Urie. I just downloaded the whatin Startup. But my problem seems more complicated. I ran 'services' in the morning and found that though disk defragmenter is shown as started, it doesn't work. Same for 'Desktop windows manager session manager'. I don't know how many else are not working. What can I do?
    I do not want to format and reinstall because I have nero installed there and it has a nasty habit of not installing properly second time. By the way this is my C drive. On D I have installed 7 Ultimate SP1 with Daz's loader.
    Please help.:sad3:

10. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    You could try running sfc /scannow from an elevated CMD. Won't do any harm. Check the log for any errors or anything that couldn't be repaired :excl:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. shashikumar bhat

Jul 13, 2011
    x86
    Sorry for the delay. Tried what you suggested three times, with the same result: ' system repairs going on. Restart for scanning.' Thanks for the suggestion.Now what? Any ideas, please?