Need help!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by andhrew, Jan 22, 2015.

1. andhrew

andhrew MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    Hi i have acer laptop with original win 8 who is upgraded to 8.1 and i need to get iso with windows 8 for my laptop cuz i tried already a few win versions to check my key but unsuccessful. Maybe someone can help me to find win 8 for laptops?

Thx for help.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If you didn't deleted the Recovery Partition in your Laptop, you could revert back to the original stage. All you need to is to enable that in BIOS and after that use Alt + F10 for to start from that Recovery Partition. Or you could go to the next Acer Service Station and ask for to buy an Recovery DVD from them, cost in Thailand is just THB 100.00 (US$ 3.50)!You could only use and ISO with same version as it were initial installed, mainly Windows 8 Single Language with the embedded Product Key. If you want to use a different version, you need although have the Product Key for that version, or may use an generic P-Key for installation (only) and have manually activate using the Phone procedure. The Windows 8 Sticker on the bottom of your Laptop will show you what version you had originally! Also follow the advice give already for to read about ..... on this forum

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. andhrew

andhrew MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    ok as i understand then i don't need any key i just need to install MSDN copy of Windows 8.1 with Update (multiple editions) ISO and it should add key automatically from my bios?

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You could use the same edition as the original were, that's it! If Single Language, it must although be that! AFAIK multiple editions will not work with your embedded P-Key!

If you face problems, you may should go to an Acer Service Center and buy an Recovery CD\DVD, you'll need to carry the Laptop with you. In Thailand such will cost THB 100.00 (US$ ~3.00).

Another way would be to install the same edition from MS (MSN) ISO, and if not get activated and install ask you for an P-Key, use the Generic install MS P-Key for that edition for to finish the install and activate by Phone. May you'll even need to speak directly to an MS Staff in that process. Anyway, you will need to have the Product ID from System Properties ready for the Phone Activation Process.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. andhrew

andhrew MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    i have originally English windows 8 on my laptop but is there any difference in us version and uk or i can use any of them?

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    UK English and US English differs a bit and the Keyboard Layout too! Anything else? I don't think so! Oh yes, the Date!!