Need hp elitebook bios

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by riri fifi, Sep 18, 2019.

1. riri fifi

riri fifi MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2019
    Hello
    I've buy recently a laptop "HP elitebook 2560p". I use some program which needs the vt-x to be enabled in the bios. But when i start the computer to access to the bios, it asks me a password i don't have. So i have two questions:
    1) Does really exists in my computer the option to enable the vt-x ?
    2) How can i reset the bios on my computer?
    Thanks

2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Remove the battery form the mother board and wait a short time it will reset the bios oldskool ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. riri fifi

riri fifi MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2019
    Thank you so much, i will recontact you if it works, to tell you again my thanks. Before that i'll try to find on the web how to access the cmos battery

4. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Can't the seller tell you the pw?

6. riri fifi

riri fifi MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2019
    i can't contact the seller, because it was in a flea market.

7. riri fifi

riri fifi MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2019
    Thank you very much. I have two questions if you please:
    1) i begin with the fourth method because none of the first three is convenient?
    2) when i go to the link "then theses steps" there is this other link do download files
    but i can't get theses files, i don't knwo why. Is this link still valid ?

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Then you probably bought stolen hardware.

9. riri fifi

riri fifi MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2019
    Enthousiast : Not at all. The person who sold me the hardware is a good person. He was with his family and didn't look like a rober. I am sure that he is as honest as you and me. I don't think like you, that all the sellers in plea markets are robers. If you have any suggestion for me to solve my problem, you are welcome.

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  11. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    if lock at the bios theirs a way to short it out in mobo thats more for experience person.

12. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    #12 AveYo, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  13. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    #15 AveYo, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  14. riri fifi

riri fifi MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2019
    I follow steps 1 to 8 and no "then theses steps".
    Can i repair my laptop? In theses steps "Insert flash drive into locked laptop and boot". Is it the same flash drive that in the first eight steps?
    What are the names of the files which are in the link and i can't acces?
    Thank you

15. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
  16. riri fifi

riri fifi MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2019
    Everything is entirely my fault. I confused this sentence "Some models may need to run the program second time. If so, reboot your system again and press 2 for SECOND RUN" with the other part where we speak of second passage, because I am not English-speaking. Here is my readme.txt. Tell me what i can do. Thank you:
    HP Pro/Elitebook BIOS Reset Utility
    For best esults, run HP 'Probook Unlock.exe' from USB Thumbrive.
    The directory structure must stay the same.

[Usage Overview]

Use included USB Image Tool software to restore included image to USB
    Boot system to USB to load DOS environment. This will automatically collect system information and save it to USB. You may then type 'DOS' and press Enter to load the DOS based tools. Follow the onscreen instructions. Running option 5 'Shotgun' is the fastest most effective method, but you may opt to choose your specific unit.

[Success]

After clearing password, pay attention to the output, it may instruct you that a 'Second' run is required to fully clear pass. The system must be rebooted. You may be prompted to press 'F1' to reset 'TPM' and again for 'Fingerprint' reader. If after reboot you get a white screen, 'System Board Error', load DOS tools and choose the option to Reprogram. Follow the questions.

[Not supported Error]

If you find your laptop is not supported, run 'HP BIOS Unlock.exe' from within Windows, directly from the USB. When running 'HP BIOS Unlock.exe' from within windows, it will try to load system information automatically. At this point you can click 'Make All' to create all keys. This is the same as 'shotgun' from DOS, but does offer slightly better support for more units. Once all keys have been created (this can take a few moments as it's writing data to USB), a notification will display information. Reboot your laptop to USB again and now simply type 'all' and press Enter to run through all the keys just created from windows.
    If your machine still displays this error, your laptop may have an unsupported motherboard.

[BIOS does not support this feature]

If you see this error, you need to force update your BIOS. I have included files to support many models already, but not all. to force BIOS update, power off laptop. With USB inserted into laptop, hold 'Windows Key' + 'B' and press Power. Hold the keys for a moment, and the Caps lock light should flash. Release the keys, and you should see brief activity on USB. If your timing is correct, unit will reboot after no more than 2 minutes. The screen will be all black during this time. After a successful flash, the laptop will reboot and will display notification that the process was successful.
    (Note: Updating does NOT remove passwords, just allows us to remove passwords)

If you BIOS will not update, please contact the author for assistance. jhayton@gmail.com

[LOCKED BOOT ORDER]
    If your BIOS has a locked set boot order, and will only boot to HDD,
    you need to take a laptop sata drive and use an external adapter and
    make it dos bootable on another host machine also placing the files
    on this drive, then rep

17. riri fifi

riri fifi MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2019
    @BAU: Before i do anything, can you tell me what you think of the readme.txt i got. Thank's

18. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009