Need online backup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jacob.sean, Oct 31, 2009.

1. jacob.sean

jacob.sean MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2009
    I just had a severe problem with my 6 months old hard disk and don't want to take any chances to lose data. I already have an external HD on which I back up the more important files but it's a real pain, and I can't do it every day. So now I have decided to opt for a online backup service. Can anybody recommend a reliable back up service?

2. imisim

imisim MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2009
    I use Amazon S3 with my HP WHS. It's cheap and working as advertised for me.

3. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    yeah Amazon is one of the best. I forget where they dump their data too, my friend was telling me, but it is very reliable and highly available.

The only other thing I have seen is Mozy for online BU.

I think keeping your data in the cloud is a good idea but at the same time if you have over 20+ gigs then upload/retrieval might take a while, which i see as the downside but when 10GibE starts to become more widely used this won't be a big deal.

4. jason.paul

jason.paul MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    I suggest before finalising any backup service, go through the users comments for the service. I have just switched to BackupandShare. com. Their service so far is amazing. I got to know about them after going through top10onlinebackup.com
    And I must say they totally deserve the top position there.I made a right choice finally.