Need Program for Recording Speaker in Windows 7 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by opeeum69, Oct 18, 2010.

1. opeeum69

opeeum69 MDL Junior Member

Jan 29, 2008
    #1 opeeum69, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
    Hello, I have some .m4a files (audio only) that may expire soon; these are lecture audios, and I need to use it till end of next month.

Could someone tell me a free program that can record sound output from these .m4a files? Each recording needs to last about 3 to 4 hrs. And I'd like to keep the file size to around 20-40 mb as the original. Thanks.

2. Melvarius

Melvarius MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2009
    hi bud. i'm guessing that your trying to get rid of the DRM attached to the file. have you tried converting the files to another format like mp3? I haven't tried this I don't have any DRM stuff. There are tons of share/freeware converters out there google for cnet or tucows. That might get shot of DRM for ya. Let us know how ya get on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    #3 Dolorous Edd, Oct 18, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. joe1970

joe1970 MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2010
    This one worked well for me. And best of all it is freeware.

www(dot)mp3mymp3(dot)com

5. opeeum69

opeeum69 MDL Junior Member

Jan 29, 2008
    #5 opeeum69, Oct 18, 2010
    (OP)
    Thanks you guys; I tried the recording programs, and most of the time the output files seem a little too big.

I think if I could remove the DRM on the m4a by converting it to mp3 that would be easiest, since it is 19 files in total

If I converted my m4a to mp3 using generic programs found on google, would the converted mp3 files for sure not expire (DRM removed) and be working? Thanks.

(because if not I probably just try to manually record all 19 of them)

(Update: using Tunebite 7 to "re-record" the audio files; I'm not sure, but hopefully this removes any sort of expiration or rental-license? on it. If anyone has used Tunebite 7 and can confirm that'd be great too)

6. Melvarius

Melvarius MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2009
    if you still have the output files from the recording programs you could try re-encoding them with a lower bit rate to cut the file size. 16 bit should be fine for speach. i used 64 bit for my music and cant tell the difference from 128 or 256 bit encodes. mind you i am gettin deaf in my old age :)

Check the recording software your using it might allow you to change the bit rate of the created files.