Need Slic 2.1 bios for Toshiba Portege M600

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kesper, Aug 8, 2009.

1. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I had with the help of many users here, successfully flashed my bios to SLIC 2.1 version for both my desktop and laptop.

Now.....my sister saw it! And now she wanna get into Windows 7 also.

Anyone has SLIC 2.1 bios for Toshiba Portege M600 ?

2. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I am sure someone has Toshiba Portege M600 bios modded with SLIC 2.1

Any kind soul willing to share?

3. sumitsen

sumitsen MDL Novice

May 27, 2009
    Hi Kesper,

I have already placed a request for the toshiba portege m600 bios mod in the phoenix mod request thread (Page # 21, Post # 203). I guess we have to wait for one of the bios guru's to mod our bios.

Regards/Sumit

4. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Oh thanks!

I will wait then....

5. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Had a quick look at the BIOS with PBE and it appears that the existing v2.0 SLIC is in 2 parts;

- the marker is in module HOLE3.ROM (182 bytes)
    - the public key is in module MOD_4A00.ROM (156 bytes)

There unfortunately is not yet a tool to perform reliable v2.1 Phoenix mods, and I simply don't have the required level of expertise to perform a hand-mod of this BIOS.

I do believe that there are people here with the required expertise to mod this BIOS, based on my 'less than expert' opinion, but they are simply back-logged with the number of requests. Mods like this tend to take more time in order to ensure they are done properly, so continue to be patient. :)

6. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Ahh...your comments makes lots of sense, even the bios mod forum says it can never be done. But I do believe modders here can do it. I will be patient (well its my sister's laptop anyway, haha!)

Thanks mate.

7. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    #7 FuzzyMaster, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  8. therry_ping

therry_ping MDL Novice

May 2, 2009
    x'ciuse me
    how about portege m800?
    is m600 Bios same with m800?
    thanks

9. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    @therry_ping, Ummm...can't answer your question, but here is a suggestion that should work for you.....Click on "Search" in the blue bar above, at the top of the page (it is between "New Posts" & "Quick Links"). Type in 'm800' (without the quotes) and in the results you will find a solution to your problem.....

....and as an added bonus, you now know how to find information on this forum, so if its answered somewhere on the forum you have the power to find it :)