Need some help (Intel or AMD) and other questions! ..

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Deleted member 1019137, Jun 4, 2018.

Hey there folks,..

Some people say to me (PC Gaming is dying out..) is this true? ..

My friends first had an Console, they all moved to PC Gaming, and never looked back to Console, now they love PC, should i do the same.. (Yes and Why..?)

What is better for gaming (AMD or Intel) or does it not matter anymore these days? because people say to me AMD is garbage because it come's very hot if you game.. lol

Iknow console's like (PS4, XBox one etc..) are both running on AMD Processors.. :/

I hope somebody can help me out!

Cheers :)

1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    @Tiger-1
    128GB RAM? May i ask what that would cost where you live? In my country that would be around 1800-2000 euro, only for the RAM and what game uses that amount? ;):D
    You must mean SSD :)

3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Although I do not game myself, I am aware of what those who do game need. An i5 or a Ryzen 5 cpu will work well, What needs the most resources in gaming is your video card. And an Nvidia 1080ti will easily run you more than $500, I'm not up on the Radeon video cards so hopefully someone else can add their input on those cards. You only need water/liquid cooling if you plan to over clock your pc, running on air is fine otherwise. The thing they call the "sweet spot" for memory today is 16gb, usually 2x8 gb modules @ 3200ghz or better. AMD is very picky about memory more than Intel so pay very close attention to your motherboard specs on that with the Ryzen chips. Of course for games you'll need a NVMe solid state drive. The "Z" motherboards offer the better options for gaming. Currently Asus may be on top for game motherboards but that could depend on personal views

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    I use Crucial memory and buy from them direct. Use their compatibility checker. :)

5. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    #6 lewcass, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    When it comes to memory, I'm happy with any kind as long as it works, Just about every memory manufacture offers a lifetime warranty today. Gamer's might feel more differently about memory than I do, Some go for color matching and that RGB lighting too. I met someone not too long ago that had a nice case with all the fancy stuff including that RGB memory, looked nice but it doesn't make your pc any faster, So on that note.... I suppose it depends on personal preference

7. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    haha no bro, first SSD is fundamental of course but several hard games eat or need VIDEO memory a lot I try fix in some manner ;):(:p

8. handycoolman

handycoolman MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2018
    i can tell you one thing, if you intend to use your machine especially for gaming, buy a desktop machine, that's what people should do when it comes to use machines for gaming even if there are laptops that can allow the user to play games in relative confort currently but laptops are originally not made for gaming, the power of the components and the heat that they undergo is not very compatible with the limited space of laptop's cases.

of course the most important thing when you use a machine for gaming is the video card, you must have a powerful GPU , then a powerful cpu is also necessary with a sufficiant amount of RAM ( at least 8 GB, 16 gb is preferable)

9. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    LOL

10. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ;):eek::D:p

11. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    im running a Thinkpad I7 with 32 gig crucial ram and crucial MX 500 SSD and Nvidia Quadro 1000M and i can play a bunch of games on it. and planning for the end of the year to buy me a Lenovo VR system to start playing around in virtual reality was going with the MS units but their to expensive around 1k so for $350 i can pick up the lenovo brand.