Need some help with bios flashing please?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Marmot, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Marmot

Marmot MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2009
    I downloaded the newest bios for my Acer T180 from Acer's website. Problem is when I run the program to flash the bios it says that I do not have a bios made by Award, the bios says it is Phoenix/Award when booting the machine. I really wanted to flash the bios with one moded with the SLIC 2.1 that someone kindly altered and posted on another section on the forum. Can someone please tell me what bios flashing app I should be using? TIA

2. SixKillerLV

SixKillerLV MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2009
    #2 SixKillerLV, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Marmot

Marmot MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2009
    Thank you ..

Will give it a go, do I need to do anything in the original bios before attempting to flash with a new one? I've read a few places that there is a block of some type in some Acer machine, prohibiting the flashing of a bios. TIA

4. SixKillerLV

SixKillerLV MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2009
    #4 SixKillerLV, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Marmot

Marmot MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2009
    I think I am all set ..

thank you for your help :)

6. luke_79

luke_79 MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2009
    hello id like to ask for some help if its at all possible,i want to flash my bois but im unsure on what to do as my motherboard is foxconn but my bios is american megatrends,i used cpu z to get more info and this is what it says.

MOTHERBOARD

manufaturer foxconn
    model A7VMX-S/A7VMX-K/A7GMX-S/A7GMX
    CHIPSET AMD 780G
    SOUTHBRIDGE ATI SB700
    ITE IT8716

BIOS
    AMERICAN MEGARENDS INC
    10/17/2008

I WENT TO AMI SITE AND DOWNLOADED THERE FLASH UTILITY I WAS JUST ABOUT TO USE THIS WHEN I SAW THEY SED FOR AMI BOARDS,BUT AS I SAY MY BOARDS FOXCONN BUT MY BOIS IS AMI,SO COULD SOMONE PLEASE TELL ME IF I USE AN AMI FLASH UTILITY OR GIVE ME SUM INSTRUCTION AS IM ABIT CONFUSED NOW,THANK`S IN ADVANCE

7. mohsin

mohsin MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
  8. SixKillerLV

SixKillerLV MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2009
    #8 SixKillerLV, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017