Need some opinions on really odd Windows 7 problem. Major lag when downloading

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FuSchnickens, Sep 19, 2009.

1. FuSchnickens

FuSchnickens MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I just did a clean install of Win7 and it went fine. However when I download something with my Newsbin program the mouse starts to lag everthing starts to get herky jerky when I attempt to close & open up windows or move he mouse to click on something. I also get a lot of interference if I'm downloading and streaming some audio. None of there things ever happened in Vista. Now when I'm typing this I'm noticing a lag as I hit each key. What is could possibly be causing this? My internet connection has been acting up lately. Could that possibly be it. I was running Win7 with a loader before and never got the lag but I've recently modded the bios and did a clean reinstall.

2. danny3456

danny3456 MDL Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Probably hardware problem. Make sure your ram is adequate, and if you are using integrated mobo, at least 256MB is shared for your display for win x64.

3. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    You said you face this with Newsbin, do you face it also with bitorrent or other download programs? If it's only with Newsbin, then it's probably memory overflow bug in Newsbin.
    I use Newsleecher and don't have probs.

4. zort

zort MDL Expert

Feb 19, 2008
    You could check for updated network card drivers

5. FuSchnickens

Jul 31, 2009
    #5 FuSchnickens, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
    (OP)
    All of my drivers are up to date. I'm maxed out at 4 gigs if memory. This is really annoying the hell out of me. I just tried a torrent and the same thing is happening.

6. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Have you tried to disable security softs like antivirus, firewall and other securities just for one moment to see if it changes something?

7. FuSchnickens

Jul 31, 2009
    I just did another reinstall and it seems to be working ok now. After I install a couple of progs I have to do a test download each time to see if and which program is causing this probem

8. FuSchnickens

Jul 31, 2009
    #8 FuSchnickens, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
    (OP)
    Also, one of my programs is apparently really slowing down my connection. I was getting 10-12 Mbps for download speed but after reformatting its now up to 18 Mbps. Anyone know of any progs that will bog down your speeds? I'll post mine as I go along. As of this minute so far so good

Installed:
    Office 07
    Kaspersky 2010
    Thunderbird
    Firefox
    Utorrent
    Window Washer
    Acronis True Image Home
    Newsbin
    Shark 007 Win 7 Codecs

PowerDvd 9 Ultra
    ACDSee Pro
    Winamp
    Dfx for winamp
    TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress 4.2.3.193
    Convert X toDVD
    Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended

So far so good. Good downloading speeds and no lag issue......yet

Dvd Rebuilder
    CCE Encoder
    dbPoweramp Converter
    Dvd Rebuilder Pro
    Jeyo Mobile Companion
    Limewire Pro
    MagicIso Maker
    Trillian Astra
    Tivo to Go
    Videora Tivo Converter
    Super Antispyware
    The Price is Right

Again so far so good. No issues yet.

Winway Resume Deluxe
    MalwareBytes
    iTunes

9. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    I would say Kaspersky 2010

10. FuSchnickens

Jul 31, 2009
    I think I found the culprit. I rebooted after installing MalwareBytes and tested a download. The speed was down and it started to lag again. Uninstalled it and speed went back up and no more lag. If u are using Win7 beware of MalwareBytes.

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #11 urie, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
    Well im running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v1.41 on windows 7 ultimate x86 without problems.

12. FuSchnickens

Jul 31, 2009
    MalwareBytes runs fine. Onlt when I download something does it screw with things. Since removing it I have not had an issue. I had mine constantly running in the systray.

13. thepopol777

thepopol777 MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2010
    Probleme Solved or what?

Hello Everyone.

I just suscribe to this forum to know If this problem get solved? I got EXACTLY the same problem ( Computer lags everytimes while recieving data from internet ONLY if MBAM was installed, with OR without Resident Module ).

I just unistall it 5 month ago, and all works really fine now. But... I really miss MBAM o_O ( he was my only friend :worthy: )

It's been a year now since the last message has been posted, so I just want to know if now, ther is an issue for this problem.

Thanks a lot for helping :)

thepopol777

14. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    Wow that curious, I use malwarebytes till two days ago when Installed ESET Smart Security 4 C*****d and never experience that issue, I'll install it again and check maybe I didn't notice.

15. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    I never liked Malwarebytes Anti Malware, I use SuperAntiSpyware FTW

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. thepopol777

thepopol777 MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2010
    So no solutions for this problem? :(

@Matrix Leader: Yes I've tried it, but I didn't like it.... Don't remember why.