need some quick help, please...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stevae, May 28, 2011.

1. stevae

stevae MDL Novice

May 28, 2011
    i am living and working in fiji, so just to let you know i don't have a lot of resources at my disposal. i have an old office system running xp, with some important files, folders and programs on it. we just purchased a new win 7 machine. for those in the know, WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET ALL OF THOSE FILES, FOLDERS AND PROGRAMS OVER TO THE NEW SYSTEM, WITH THEM STILL WORKING?
    i was thinking about using acronis true image home. but i am worried about it working properly since i am going from xp to win 7. any advise is greatly appreciated, as i need to complete this today. thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help.

2. stevae

stevae MDL Novice

May 28, 2011
    thank you so much. i am in the process. on another note, i am having a hard time accessing your win 7 link. it keeps saying i don't have permission or are not logged in. so i logged in again on that page, and it just keeps sending me back to the page that is asking me to log in. not sure how to get past this to get the win 7 iso file?

3. malvo26

malvo26 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2008
    I used PCMover on a few laptops and PCS moving files and programs from XP to W7. For my use it did a good job. Sure it isn't free but sure worth the price not having to install all programs again. If you google it you'll find it.

4. stevae

stevae MDL Novice

May 28, 2011
    thanks again.