Need to resize or extend your partition?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by shiny521, Aug 18, 2010.

1. shiny521

shiny521 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2010
    Hello , my friends, last days, I bothered by resize , extend partition problems so much, and search so much innformation from Internet and my friends, I solved my difficulties, and wish to share with you this valuable information, I wish it could give you a hand....Partition Assistant!!

2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Windows 7 inbuilt partition shrink or extend does it for free (non-destructive) for many jobs. Plus there is Easeus free edition (non-destructive) and gparted

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. antman67

antman67 MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    Windows 7 inbuilt partition shrink or extend does it for free? This is good to know - Thank You

4. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    If you have bought Windows 7, then it's free. Can you see the word "inbuilt"?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    It looks you're spamming :p. If Partition Assistant is that good as you slightly mentioned, can share more about it? I personally think Paragon HDD Manager is the BEST

6. foo bar

foo bar MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    Except it can only shrink contiguous empty space, which means that you can only shrink it as far as the closest piece of data. A proper partition manager can of course move this data and hence doesn't suffer from such issues.

7. cyberd

cyberd MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2010
    Can you attach a second HDD (no partition) to antother HDD - (1tB+1tb=2TB like one partition-one drive) is it possible - and how ?

8. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Dynamic disk

sebus

9. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Trust Partition Wizard Boot CD and Easeus for more versatility than windows 7. Free versions of both are better than windows 7.
    For windows environment, Paragon HDM backs up and also partition operations.