[Need URGENT Help] for UEFI/EFI Secure Boot

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Bat Man, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Bat Man

Bat Man MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012
  2. Bat Man

Bat Man MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012
    Is there any way to get the UEFI Secure boot???

3. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    It's not him this time around - notice the 'Join Date' ;)

@Bat Man - Let me simplify it even further - you can forget about secure boot,unless you get 'really lucky TM' and Lenovo release a major BIOS revision.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe that's some "advanced" sign up('s) to get prepared for an "easy return"?!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Don't think so. I think the misunderstanding here is purely do to different levels of language proficiency(and as English ain't my first or second foreign language I can understand that sometimes ^ happens) and not due to a certain Greek escapee from the looney bin ;)

6. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Why is UEFI such a big seal to people? Just use the old dated BIOS...

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    you answered your own question "old dated". Same reason everyone wants the new shiny Windows or Office :p

8. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Well,that + the fact that it does have tangible real-world benefits - like faster bootup speeds, large HDD/array disks,etc ;) Also,I wouldn't call it a new feature,given how UEFI's been part of Windows since at least Vista,though it went (sorta) mainstream with 7 :espresso:

9. BTOR

BTOR MDL Addicted

Nov 18, 2009
    No hard feelings,please.

Any one speaking/asking help on UEFI is going to be called nikos,and at one point people will stop asking here because we are known for not being helpful.

That is what i tried telling him.but you gave him false hopes.then you had to tell him the fact which was already suggested.please do not take it the hard way around.

And why don't we suggest using old and trusted XP ,what is the need of windows 8 either ?

There are more post that says don't spam rather than,actual spam.i really don't see a point when people neither want to help nor want others to help.when any one is asking for help i don't see them call one single name for help,which just means who wish to help, can help. if not they have an option to ignore it.

Did your teacher treat you similar to your behavior here? just because you did not know what she was teaching you.Did she point you to your text book and said why don't you follow it, its all there.

I don't think each one of you knew and walked from the moment you were born,your mom&dad took a lot of time to teach you walk, or did they really tell you, why don't you walk seeing us walk,what is so hard in it?

why am i writing all this ?

with all those fun-making post i feel humanism is diminishing in people. is this what we learn in school. every one deserves to be respected irrespective of their intelligent quotient.If one learns today someone else will learn it the next day or the other.

you neither know who the other person is nor what his age is ? so do not make fun of him.will you like if some one makes fun of your mom,dad,bro or sis on their ignorance ?

I really hope all this will come to an end.

10. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    #12 bk109, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    I answered his question as truthfully as possible while drawing up on personal experience. As for simplifying it,I might've toned it down a tad too much,but that was to make sure he got my point across. As for being false hopes,given that it's a current generation machine under active support and with support for Win 8 listed as a selling point ,can you guarantee me that there won't be a BIOS/Firmware update next Tuesday for example that adds that capability to his machine,the same way suddenly HP decided my Compaq can and will support hardware virtualization?

11. BTOR

BTOR MDL Addicted

Nov 18, 2009

false hopes[Citation needed].

Even if you did not mean it, that is what he took it for,you may find if from his second replay,and please take a look at lenovo support forum even you will guarantee that there will be no update or support.there isn't even a proper drivers for win8 still, leave alone the secureboot.again i like to say No hard feelings.

12. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Actually,it has proper drivers for Windows 8 - you just need to know where to look (Namely Support > Drivers & Software > Laptops > Lenovo G Series > G580 > OS ..Yes,that deeply buried.. As for 'no hard feelings' - none taken :) Hell,I've got to apologize - doing paperwork on a friday afternoon somewhat shortens my fuse so I could've probably saved us both the trouble and if had been a bit more eloquent earlier :)