Need URGENT Help

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by deniz, Jan 9, 2010.

1. deniz

deniz MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2010
    Hello,

I've lenovo 3000 G530 4446 24G Laptop.. This laptop has 3 partitions, C:, S: and Q:.. as u may have already know C for Windwows, S AND Q for recovery. I've recently installed Windows 7, while installing w7 I didn't deleted recovery partitions.. Since w7 has same driver issues, I wanted to use recovery function to get my original vista back.. however the recovery button doesnt work anymore.. once I click it it doesnt work during bootup.. I've downloaded Rescue and Recovery software from lenovo after installation it changed boot order and recovery function worked..

After this sort story, all I want to do is Fixing this recovery button.. Before windows 7, once i want to format my laptop, I click on recovery button and it does do everything automatically..

C: Windows
    S: Servicev003
    Q: Lenovo

Please help me to fix this issue..

2. deniz

deniz MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2010
    I've checked it and there is no hidden partition. I've currently have original Vista Home Premium with 3 partitions..

Im pretty sure that this Lenovo Care button just changing Boot order to use recover function.. Once I click on this button during boot, it just change boot order to Q or S to load recover system.

Attached Files:

3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    This is normal. I have an HP and when I upgraded from XP to vista 2 years ago it did the same thing so I am guessing that it may also change how the partition tables are Identified as well. You really do not need to have the recovery partition though because a lot of hardware has drivers for win7 now and what you cannot find you can either use the default ones with windows 7 or you can use programs like driver scanner, driver genius, driver detective, ext. to find all the missing drivers. As for reaching the recovery partition even if you have windows 7 installed you cannot pull the drivers out of the recovery partition because of how it works dude. At least that is how HP does it. I am really not sure about yours though although my instinct is telling me that it is pretty similar to HP's dude.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Motoguru

Motoguru MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2010
    I have a Gateway notebook with a recovery partition protected by PC Angel and I cannot access it thru Vista which is the pre-installed OS, but I can access it with another OS installed on another Partition because the software that protects it is not operational with the other OS. With Gateway all the programs and drivers are coded with weird names but I can get to them and save them elsewhere if I want. You might try that as a work around.