Need your advise

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MaveRick23, Mar 7, 2014.

1. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Hello MDL,

Sorry at first i post that thread in wrong place, searched here compatible place but did not find.

I need your recommendations about that:

There are about 100 PC's, including a all in one PC's, in my job. I have 1TB external HDD. When some of them will damages system and will necessary to re-install a windows it is hard to install always a clean install to all of them and fix it. So is there a easy and good ways to install or make backups? i thought if one of them when will damages i will install a clean windows after i will save its image into my external HDD so to others after when i will need i will make back ups from that HDD. is something like that possible?

Or give me more easy way to manage that please. because it is hard to serve all of that pc's only one man.

sorry my bad english.

and thanks in advanced.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I can only say that I really like your signature especially the first statement.
    Sure you will get help soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    My most recent employer had 20,000+ employees. My particular section had about 4,000 employees and about 1/3 of them had computers.

Their solution was to create a standard image that met their needs. Since we were not allowed to modify the machines and basically did their work, they decided the particulars of the image and we just lived with it. We were doing their work so they set the system parameters. Their system was very successful.

I'd suggest a standard system image. 100 PCs should not present a problem and restoring an image doesn't require drive wiping unless there are other more serious problems re-imaging can't handle..

4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Yes I agree and like it too, very much. Quite profound and beautiful. :cool: