Nero Problems

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by BigCol, Nov 6, 2008.

1. BigCol

BigCol MDL Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I am having trouble with Nero. Each time I try and copy a dvd weather it be avi files or application files, the process fails every time. I am using nero 7 and vista home premium. Can anyone help me on this?? I have a Lite-on LH20A1S and a Pioneer DVR 215D. Both drives worked fine until a week or so ago. My machine is more or less brand new. I have tried Ritek dvd-r, Maxell dvd+r and a supermarket own brand. Each time the process failed. I have tried copying from disc to disc aswell as using the one drive as a source and destination. I have tried this with both drives aswell as when I tried to copy from disc to disc swapping them over as source and destinations drives. I can only assume it must be a software problem. Thanks in advance guys.

2. RomanS

RomanS MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    Hello BigCol,

have you tried copying DVDs with Alcohol 120% ? Maybe with something else like Cyberlink Power to Go ? Have you ever successfully copied a DVD ?

Which version of Nero do you have and exactly how does the process of copying fail, what error notifications do you see ?

3. BigCol

BigCol MDL Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Hi RomanS and thanks for the reply. I have used convertxtodvd to burn two different projects using each of my two burners and they worked ok. I like Nero because I can use it for direct copying from one dvd/cddrive to another. If you can tell me of any other software that can do this, then I am very interested. Nero is good and for most of the time it has been reliable. The only thing I dont like about nero is all of the extra crap they put in it, like nero home, nero vision etc. Thanks RomanS

4. phacoba

phacoba MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2008
    Thanks RomanS and alcohol 120%

5. RomanS

RomanS MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    Hello BigCol and phacoba,

Try convertxtodvd again to check if both of your drives are working Ok, and if they are, then see exactly how your Nero fails copying. Does it pop up any error messages, what do they say ? You may need to reinstall your Nero.

As for the extra stuff in Nero, you can choose which components to install through Nero installation options.

As for me, I've been using different versions of Nero no problem for a long time. I also use Ultra ISO to make\create\edit disk images, which I burn with Alcohol 120 or Nero. Alcohol 120 is also perfect for direct copying of DVDs.

Haven't you heard of Alcohol Software before ?

6. BigCol

BigCol MDL Member

Sep 16, 2008
    #7 BigCol, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
    (OP)
    The process fails at the end. It will brun the disc and right at the end when it should say burn process successful, it says burn process failed. I have used convertxtodvd and it burns without any problems. I have tested it on both of my burners and its fine. Must be something to do with Nero and vista not liking each other. I am at a loss as to what it could be. I want a software that I can copy fromk dvd drive to dvd drive trouble free. Can I do this with BurnAware????

7. RomanS

RomanS MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    I've never had any issues with Nero 8, 9 in Vista invironment. Could be smth with your Nero installation DVD, or wrong Nero version. If convertxtodvd does it alright, then you could simply use it instead of Nero. As for Nero, try creating .nrg image of a DVD, and then burn the image, would it work this way ?

You can also test each of your drives with Nero info tool.

I can copy this way with BurnAware, from one DVD to other, as well as I can do it with Nero, but will it work for you, I don't know.

Could you screenshot your Nero problem, upload it to imageshack, and post the link ?

8. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. zort

zort MDL Expert

Feb 19, 2008
    Instead of copying from drive to drive, I would copy the dvd to an image on your hard drive, and then burn the image.