Netbook Does not turn on... (something like error in boot device)

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by BRYANM0NS, Jan 19, 2011.

1. BRYANM0NS

BRYANM0NS MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2010
    My friend is using her Acer eMachines 250-01G16i Netbook using windows 7 starter edition- and in the middle of something, said it no longer responded, so what she did (i certainly believe she shouldn't have) was she removed the battery to turn it off.

when turning on again, it says something like boot device not found, and it makes a noise which was absent when it runs well.

I tried to reformat using windows 7 in usb, but cannot find the hard disk, i tried to use boot-disk, and did try to run ubuntu in usb to try if i can access the hard drive but still cannot find it.
    ive seen somthing like ata or sata (not expert with these) but has 0kb space- says error when i try to format nor cannot be repartitioned and delete..

what can i do to solve this problem?
    is there any software i can use to solve this, or technicians should really open the netbook?

right now i am using the pc using ubuntu ran from usb device and is searching also for a win xp that can be run in a usb... h*ttp://forums.mydigitallife.net[/email]/threads/24315-Microsoft-Windows-XP-SP3-USB-Edition-(not-for-installation-but-to-boot-and-run-in-pc

thanks a lot...

2. randomboy

randomboy MDL Junior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    looks like ur friends hard disk crashed. try using the laptop with a new HD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BRYANM0NS

BRYANM0NS MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2010
    ahhh i see,.. so there is really no other conservative means of solving/ repairing her netbook...

4. WindDrake

WindDrake MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2008
    Sounds like the D250 Chassis Acer Netbook. They came with pretty poor quality Hitachi 160 or 250GB 2.5" SATA HDD's.

HDD's shot. Replace it.

5. BRYANM0NS

BRYANM0NS MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2010
    Thanks.. i guess we have no other options left then...