Netbook won't hibernate

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by savage, Oct 19, 2009.

1. savage

savage MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2009
    I've just installed Windows 7 on my 1000H EeePC and after quite optimization I'm happy with the perrformance.
    Only thing that is bothering me at the moment is that hibernation doesn't work. Every time I click on hibernate the screen dims form a couple of seconds and after that the logon screen show up waiting for me to select a profile to load.
    The windows system log doesn't have any entries about errors at this time.

I've checked all the devices that look suspicious about not letting the system go into hibernation but with no success.
    I also used the powercfg.exe to generate a report and this entry is the only one that seems problematic:

Platform Power Management Capabilities:ACPI _PSD Object Failed Validation
    There is a problem with the definition of the ACPI _PSD object on this computer. Installing the latest system firmware (BIOS) may resolve this issue.
    Group 0
    Index 0

Platform Power Management Capabilities:ACPI _PSD Object Failed Validation
    There is a problem with the definition of the ACPI _PSD object on this computer. Installing the latest system firmware (BIOS) may resolve this issue.
    Group 0
    Index 1

Does anybody have any idea how to solve this problem?

2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    the error is pretty self explanatory, and says what to do

Update your BIOS and your chipset drivers..

3. Orbiting234

Orbiting234 MDL Member

Jul 20, 2008
    This will do nothing. Windows 7 has full built in support for an old chipset like the 945 and doesn't need to be told anything. And technically it's just an INF update as there isn't a single "driver" in Intel's chipset updates. Stop throwing useless darts!!!

4. savage

savage MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2009
    I already have the latest BIOS ver. 2102.

5. savage

savage MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2009
    The problem that I had was caused by the loader I used to activate the Windows (i used the Windows 7 Loader eXtreme Edition 3 (SAFE) 3.116).

I now removed it and used the Windows 7 Loader v1.7 so now everything works OK.

Thanks to everyone for the help!