Netrunner 2016 - anyone running it ? - ( no pun intended )

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Mutoid, May 7, 2016.

1. Mutoid

Mutoid MDL Member

Sep 23, 2015
    #1 Mutoid, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
    I downloaded this ISO the other day ( it's the 64-bit Arch/Manjaro fork )

Netrunner Rolling 2016.01

It runs OK on first attempt in a VM , and I really like how it looks , but it is clunky .
    I'll try it again later with more memory allocated ( and there is a boot option for " run with non-free drivers ).

But I'm much more interested in playing with it from a Live USB , and I'd really like it to be persistent if possible .

As some of the regulars in this section know , there are certain combinations of distro and USB writer
    (eg. Rufus ,Unetbootin etc.) that work very well together , and some that just don't .

Some include the syslinux file when writing the image , some offer grub options , and some offer persistence as an option ,
    ( but only for supported distros - ie. the majors .... "Pendrive Linux" is a good example )

Has anybody here tried what I'm describing yet ?
    I know it's kind of lazy to ask , but it would save me stacks of time if someone had been there before me and could
    point the way :)

I made a persistent Kali USB stick ages ago , via the terminal .... but it's a load of hassle if there is an easy shortcut.
    You know what I mean .... " Add water , makes it's own sauce " .... that kind of thing ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mutoid

Mutoid MDL Member

Sep 23, 2015
    #3 Mutoid, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    (OP)
  4. Mutoid

Mutoid MDL Member

Sep 23, 2015
    #4 Mutoid, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    (OP)