Netware on WMWare Workstation with Windows 7 Host OS

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by SkeldraK, Jan 2, 2013.

1. SkeldraK

SkeldraK MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2011
    I want to ask if Windows 7 inbound smb connection limit have relation with Netware ? are Netware client limited to access shared dir on Netware Server because Windows 7 inbound limit ?

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Honestly do not know (but would not expect so), but why not to run NetWare on ESXi (which works perfectly)

sebus

3. SkeldraK

SkeldraK MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2011
    Because it was not me who administer the server. I just installing, perform initial configuration and explain operation with limited time , the owner have limited knowledge on ESXi or WS 2008 R2 so i don't have choice. Actually i got customer to reinstall Novell OES1 Netware on DELL Power EDGE T110 because hardisk failure but without hacked driver i can't install directly to physical machine and i don't know where to get it. I recommend him using virtual machine to make backup restore much easier

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    But NOT workstation, as this would need to run always, and be prone to Windows Desktop OS quirks

If you really must, then at least install Workstation 9.01 on Server 2008 R2

sebus

5. SkeldraK

SkeldraK MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2011
    Technically absolutely right, i could not deny it

But in condition 2008 R2 too much to handle for him, it's pity to come back and forth to ask troubleshooting from far away remote village

The Netware only run 9 hours/day and shutdown at holiday, using shared 16 bit app with old Foxpro database
    I hope it will running fine :eek: