Network DHCP Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kirret, Aug 20, 2009.

1. kirret

kirret MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2009
    Hi guys.

I installed Win7 few weeks ago and then got my Mobo Slic-ed so I had fun with activated Win7. Now I needed to reinstall Win 7 and I'm having problems connecting to the internet. All I get is the yellow excalmation mark saying "Unindentified network/No network access" and IP is 169...... Windows installed drivers for the NIC automatically and I cannot install/update these drivers. This is something I was able to do it with old Win7 2 weeks ago. So I'm wondering if SLICing the Mobo has something to do with it. I've checked the cabling with another PC and everything worked fine so the problem must be with drivers on Win7

Thanks a lot

2. NiHiLisT

NiHiLisT MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    What about disabling DHCP and configuring the IP manually to check if it is working?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kirret

kirret MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2009
    Tried that too, no change. Pointed DNS Server and Gateway to the router but still cannot ping them and yellow exclamation mark is still there.

4. Metallian

Metallian MDL Novice

May 15, 2007
    I had a similar problem. It was fixed after I manually assigned a network (MAC) address in the general tab of the NIC’s properties.

5. kirret

kirret MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2009
    Hi.

Tried that 3 minutes ago :) No luck