Network Hardware Error in 1703

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Nongshim, May 6, 2017.

1. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

2. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

Ok so after a few minutes it disappears but when I click the Wireless Connection Icon the bottom right hand corner of the taskbar, it only shows the current connection (wifi) and does not list any others, but when I disconnect it then shows other possible connections in the area like it should. I then reconnect and it then shows a lot of other connections in the area and again the Linksys appears in the Network tab.

3. digital john

digital john MDL Senior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    maybe because, windows can't find your model?

4. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

I only have one router, it's listed there, Thomson tg784n

5. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

It'll disappear and then reappear when I click refresh. There is no uuid number or ip address, is this just an error in Windows?

6. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

But there is no IP address or UUID listed on the Linksys. Could it have something to do when I enabled mobile hotspot by accident?

7. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

It must be an error because only my routers MAC address is listed on the Motorola Modem page.

8. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

Oh and btw, this only appeared when I installed 1703.

9. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    Maybe the problem is the beta software known as Windows 10 1703. Just a thought.

10. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

Found this, and yes there is a new unlocked (open) wifi that someone must have recently gotten.
    ------------------
    From TomsHardware Forums
    ------------------
    BEST ANSWER
    photonboy Dec 20, 2013, 12:36 PM
    Essdub8 said:
    If you're referencing another router found during a Wifi sweep of available networks, your Wifi card will show all available networks in range, does not necessarily mean you have an unauthorized connection.

Agreed.
    He's not connected to you. Your router just saw his device and automatically added it. I don't know if that means he's unsecured or not.

You could verify that by bringing up your network map, but likely you'll just see only your OWN devices.

I don't know how to get rid of it, but it should be safe to just ignore it. If you ask your neighbors you could maybe find the person then see if they have it SECURED. If not, maybe doing that will make it disappear.

It's possible in the router to DISABLE SSID BROADCAST which means your router can't be auto detected. I think if HE enabled that you'd never see him again.

11. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
  12. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

Someone could be tethering their phone to use their data plan for their internet on another device and it could be an open (unsecured) network. So your machine might just be picking up an open network.

13. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

Also at times when I use Windows Update Minitool it shows an update for HUAWEI System Firmware (I also don't own any HUAWEI items, that I know of lol). So it also could be something like that, but again I'm just assuming it's an open network thing.

14. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You'll simply just 'see' all devices which are in the area of your WiFi Device! Nothing could prevent that, except to switch off the device!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

It's not the available networks, these things are appearing in our network folders, but it seems to be very common when there are open wifi connections in range.

16. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...