Network problem- pppoe dial up bug

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by yozzcta, Aug 16, 2016.

1. yozzcta

yozzcta MDL Junior Member

Jan 3, 2011
    I cant use my pppoe dial up connection after restart/shutdown. It gives error "interface(socket) already in use"
    I tried reset adapter, delete connection, create new pppoe dial up and windows 10 2016LTSB N reinstall but nothing works.

The connection works on windows7 and windows 81 but its a no go on any version of windows 10 from 1024 and up...

Any good idea greatly appreciated :tea:

2. yozzcta

yozzcta MDL Junior Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Reinstalled W10 2016 LTSB for 3rd time.
    Dial up worked 2 times then i get : "Error 813 You have attempted to establish a second broadband connection while a previous broadband connection is already established using the same device or port. Please disconnect the earlier connection and then reestablish the connection."

I change UAC back to normal (it was disabled) and it works again. On first restart it works. Second restart all OK. 3rd time : error connection is already established using the same device or port ... Played with UAC and setup new connection but its futile

Restored back to W81.

Is there a way to dialup using group policy ?

3. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i have not use dial up in a long time....but i think it has something to do with a port in use.

Try netstat like this: netstat -ntp, without the -l. It will show tcp connection in TIME_WAIT state.