Network SpeedTest by Josh Cell Softwares.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Josh Cell, May 13, 2013.

1. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

Yeah, today we have released a new online service inside the website, the Network SpeedTest.

You now can test your internet connection speed with our fastest servers powered by Nicely Done Hosting! Check it out:

http://joshcellsoftwares.com/speedtest/

Please report the SpeedTest results, we need to see if it is working correctly. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. =)(=

=)(= Guest

Don't know location of server but i get 6.48 Mbps only down 2.81 Mbps up, on speedtest.net i get 29/11.

3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Your test: 1.53 down / 0.94 up

Speedtest.net test: 1.49 down / 1.05 up (closest test server used)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Canadian servers, but I have accurate results in Brazil.

5. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Thanks Josh here you go
    josh small 2.jpg

6. _patrik_

_patrik_ MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    Here is my test:

1 - The Netgear DGN2200V3 ADSL modem-router net connection:

[​IMG]

2 - The ND Hosting speed test:

[​IMG]

3 - The Speedtest.net test with the Italy/Milan server @ about 900 Km from my pc:

[​IMG]

7. naser

naser MDL Junior Member

Oct 4, 2012
    hy josh look here is very very beautiful my conection.....:thumbdown:

[​IMG]

8. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Oh, thanks for the detailed informations.

Currently the servers has 1Gbps of link and these speedtest.net results can be different because you are having peak inside the tests when the server are on your country.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Ok, here my test's from Thailand, first with your nes server and the others using speedtest.net while the last 3 from canadian servers;

[​IMG]
    Los Angeles, USA
    [​IMG]

St.Johns, NL (CA)
    [​IMG]

Whitehorse, YT (CA)
    [​IMG]

Toronto, ON (CA)
    [​IMG]

10. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    @pisthai

I don't know about these results, maybe your ISP are making Traffic Shapping inside some locations outside your country. I will analyse the results.

Thank you.. :D

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I guess not! It seems to be that outside of some areas in Canada the Service isn't that good. Look at the 3 location I checked with speedtest.net, only Toronto has an reliable speed. Whitehorse and St.Johns are just terrible. That could be result of the available infrastructure in Canada.

The ISP's in Thailand couldn't do any more Traffic Shaping according to the now existing Law. That Law was changed in the last year. Only limitation which may still exist is in the 3G Internet, related to download limits per month. I haven't follow up the changes about this because the 3G is just official up and running a few weeks. Before that the downloads were limited (while 3G were still in Testing phase) to 7GB/month unlimited speed, which were down to 384KBp/s after reaching that limit. That may have changed with the full implementation of 3G right now.

12. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    The link of the server inside the DataCenter is 1Gbps and I also have tested with fast networks with more than 50Mbps and it still works accurately.

But anyway thanks for reporting. :)

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's not the Link inside an DataCenter! Question is the Infrastructure, means connection from and to the DataCenter! If the Infrastructure isn't good, the connection from and to couldn't be good either!

It's not any complaint against you and/or your system, which I believe is just fine! Fact is, that the ISP's could only garanty the quality of connection from Licensee to DataCenter and back, what's outside of that isn't their responsibility. And lack of connection speed over the intl. system/Infrastructure could depend on many factors!

Please don't see my post and report as complaint or critic, it isn't!

14. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    I understand your side and a service for calculate the network speed not always will work as well for all the people, is therefore speedtest.net give us many servers around the world. :)