Network Utilization is not shown in the Task Manager for each processes

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ace139, Sep 14, 2016.

1. ace139

ace139 MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2016
    When I am opening task manager, I am not been able to see the corresponding network utilization for each process in Process tab, though I am able to see the network usage in Performance tab of the task manager. I am attaching screenshots.
    2016-09-14_07-46-56.png 2016-09-14_07-47-58.png

2. ofernandofilo

ofernandofilo MDL Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Are you running as administrator? I don't remember how is done in Windows 8++. But in Windows 7, after you open the TaskManager, then you go to Process and select "show process of all users". You will prompted by the UAC, and if you accept it, then the TaskManager is running as administrator.

You could not using the network at all at the time you looked, or must be another process, running with other users, a system user - totally normal! - and so it is not shown to you.

cheers

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ace139

ace139 MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2016
    The problem is not solved by running as an administrator, actually I was getting the Network Utilization for each process the normal way, but what I suspect is something broke after the Windows Update and since then it is not shown.

4. ofernandofilo

ofernandofilo MDL Member

Sep 26, 2015
    I don't know.

Try sfc /scannow in a CMD as Administrator, then! Maybe you need to reboot, maybe you need to do more than one time, maybe you need to run in safety mode.

But, I don't know. This is what I run when I suspect that system files are corrupt.

cheers

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...