New And i Want To Use Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Ahmad XP, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Ahmad XP

Ahmad XP MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2012
    hello MDL
    i am thinking of installing windows 8 on my laptop, i have a few questions...
    1- which build do u recommend ?
    2- where to download a clean image of the OS?
    3- is it better than my current windows ultimate?

thanks in advance

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. biju

biju MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2010
    yen better ..replay..thanks

4. hanazi

hanazi MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2012
    So is the best advice for now not to install any copy of 8 until the RC is here, then install that with any BIOS activation mods that come, or could one do that now and later apply the mod. without deleterious effect?

5. Ahmad XP

Ahmad XP MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2012
    Thank you yen

6. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    I'm guessing you mean RTM, not RC. The Release Preview is AFAIK the RC. I can't really advise you, though, regarding installing it, though. I like the Release Preview and am using it as my regular OS, but I'm very technically savvy. I don't know your level of expertise so it's best to take Yen's advise, install Windows 8 in VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation to see how you like it, and leave your otherwise (I assume) working OS alone. Or wait for RTM and see if there's any way of activating it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. hanazi

hanazi MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2012
    Yes, I meant RTM.

Despite that gaffe, I do consider myself savvy. ;-)

Has Daz said if he was working on a "tool"? I have seen where he prefers Windows 7, I believe.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yes Release preview is an Release Candidate and AFTER beta state. The next will be RTM (final).
    It doesn't matter regarding the BIOS / EFI since an PC installation does not affect the BIOS ROM itself.

But anyway there will be no more BIOS mod to activate w8. A BIOSMOD alone never will activate w8.
    I guess to some it is still not clear, this is a fact.
    The activation requires a MSDMTable which holds the key in the BIOS / EFI and and hardware hash which is unique for each machine.