New Build, New OS. Need help.

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by calinortes21, Nov 13, 2021.

1. calinortes21

calinortes21 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2021
    Hello,

The last time I was here was when I built my last PC (i5 3570k, Gigabyte z77x-UD5H, MSI 660 Ti) using the Windows 7 Enterprise ISO build from these forums. Forgot my login info, created a new account.

Anyway, that PC has reached its end of life cycle, and is no longer fast enough for my needs. So I decided to upgrade. Since then, I've been getting new parts (i7 11700k, Gigabyte z590 vision D, waiting on a 3080), and went to start researching here on how the upgrade to windows 11 has been going.

Boy oh boy, how things have changed. I don't remember W7ESD ever being this cumbersome to install compared to the new W11ESD. Most of these terms and instructions seem alien to me, or maybe it's just because i've been out of the OS ISO scene for so long. Is KMS activator still a thing? Or is there a new standard? I'd like to get some help with understanding the process and instructions on how to create the Windows 11 Enterprise ISO and mount it to a boot drive, as well as going through the activation proceedure. Looking through the stickied threads, I don't see any simple to read instructions, just links and terminology I either cannot recall or cannot understand anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. calinortes21

calinortes21 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2021
    Cool, thanks! Some questions: what makes HWID (i'm going to assume that stands for hardware identification, correct me if i'm wrong) the new standard over KMS? Is it just KMS+, or an entirely new kind of activator?

Also, for the enterprise ISO; do I need to download anything underneath the ISO download link in that link your provided, or is all that beneath it what is included in the ISO file?

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    That one.
    It actually now is called "Digital License" based on the hardware it's generated on, identical to upgrading an activated win 7 (official or by DAZ Windows Loader)/8.1 (official only) > 10.
    What language Business ISO you need?

4. calinortes21

calinortes21 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2021
    English

5. calinortes21

calinortes21 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2021
    Great! Thank you so much. Is it true that you can run the Enterprise edition initial setup without an internet connection, or do you still need to run the command prompt line to disable the network adapter?

6. calinortes21

calinortes21 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2021
    Great! Thanks. I wish there was a thread that was stickied with this info. There are so many different builds and options, it all feels so cumbersome. Thanks again!

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Sometimes spoonfeeding (like what i did now) is not the best way to get info, learning by self study (most info is provided in the existing sticky threads) and trial and error is better, that way it sticks better, at least that did it for me when i arrived here 12 years ago.