New Dell desktop with Win 8.1 > Win 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by boo123, Feb 17, 2015.

1. boo123

boo123 MDL Junior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    #1 boo123, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Just got a brand new Desktop with Windows 8.1 and have plans on downgrading it back to Windows 7. I've never owned a PC that came pre-installed with Windows 8 and downgraded to Windows 7.

If I use Windows 7 iso with $oem$ files from Multi-OEM project http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/57880-Multi-OEM-Project, will the windows 7 activation stay genuine?

I have done this for laptops with pre installed xp that were already flashed to slic 2.1 for windows 7 but since this desktop has a 2.1 and higher and windows 8, no flashing would be needed?

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    First off, did you already get the necessary drivers for Windows 7?
    Some models are not conceived for downgrading purposes. I ask just in case you forgot about that matter.

Secondly, you want to know Windows 8.1 does not use SLIC method anymore at all. Instead it uses an MSDM table, which contains unique information specific to each machine.

Thirdly, Tito said and quote:
    All that being said, if you still want to downgrade to Windows 7 you can do it assuming you have drivers already and make use of Windows Loader (Daz) to OEM activate. Obviously your OEM:DM key found in the UEFI of your Dell system is useless in this case. Use skus which can be activated that way like Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate.

Bear in mind too, that if you want to use Windows Loader the UEFI must be set to work as Legacy BIOS for the HDD/SSD can be format as MBR.
    If you want to use UEFI and GPT partitioning scheme you need to KMS activate with the provided KMS activators here in the forum cause the Loader won't work on GPT. The skus you can use are Professional and Enterprise only.

Now, regarding the Multi-OEM project it won't OEM activate your copy of Windows 7 but it can provide OEM Branding for your Dell system.

3. boo123

boo123 MDL Junior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    I have the drivers already downloaded directly from the Dell support site. Using Daz's Window's loader, how long will Windows 7 activation stay genuine for?

4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Indefinitely, as it provides an OEM activation not a KMS activation. Hence I recommend the Loader.

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    or until MS goes 1.2.3 BOO!

but don't worry, it has been established that MS cannot count !

6. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    hahahahahaha you are crazy man!!! lol

7. Rytiss

Rytiss MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2009
    i think:
    first legally only windows 8 pro versions can be downgraded to windows 7
    second it is 99% unable modify bioses to add slic 2.1 on new computers
    i recomend you use loader :(

8. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    @Rytiss The thread started 16 days ago.All questions have been answered in details.! If you you 'think' you have something new to contribute to the thread Please do.!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...