New Google Chrome Browser

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by petar, Sep 4, 2008.

1. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. offon7544

offon7544 MDL Expert

Sep 27, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fred64

fred64 MDL Junior Member

May 2, 2007
    Were you aware thatChrome phones home all the time for every link you open. It is very fast I tried it and dumped it cos it is nowhere near as good as Opera.

4. wpeterson

wpeterson MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2008
    here i just claimed that chrome just could be another one gtalk, isn't it?
    whatever, it crashed sometimes like firefox. and the setting.... it's not that handful

william

5. RomanS

RomanS MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    Hi,

can anyone tell about the Chrome's specific features which are not found in Opera or Firefox ? What are the pros for starting to use it ?

6. raw_knee

raw_knee MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2008
    There is a check box that disables that 'phone home' function during installation.

It's pretty fast, I'd admit, but as new as it is, it can't render some sites properly (the scripts in Plurk, which I use heavily these past few months don't work). Maybe a few releases more, and it will be my browser of choice for Windows and Linux.

7. RomanS

RomanS MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    It's faster than Opera, great, would be good to compare by an example. I've also heard it runs more seperate pieces than any browser. Bugs, well. And how about privacy, security, and page zooming ? Is it getting near Opera and Firefox ?

Respect to those who are testing it, 'cause I won't in the near future.