New here, can you help?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sp3edy, Mar 27, 2016.

1. sp3edy

sp3edy MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2016
    Hi all,

The copy of en Ultimate Win 7 64Bit has corrupted on me and I've just purchased a new shiny SSD to install. If I try and install from it, all is well until I try to upgrade to SP1 (with Windows Loader, I can't find daz loader), the installation then fails with the errors that a lot of people seem to find; i.e. bad data etc.

Would a fresh copy of the Win 7 ultimate DVD with SP1 get me round those problems? Will Windows Loader then unlock it for me? I'm not interested in Win 10 etc. However, my old 64GB SSD died due to Win 10 repeatedly pulling down the install files and filling it up..

Any help would be appreciated.

Speedy

2. sp3edy

sp3edy MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2016
    To expand, I run the SFC command it and it states there are files that cant be recovered; hence why SP1 apparently wont install. Originally, I had no problems with the machine; i.e. 3 years ago.

3. sp3edy

sp3edy MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2016
    Hi Enthousiast,

Trying to make sure I understand what you are stating there. The link takes me through to the article for getting Win10. Yes, I could go that route, but really don't want to right now. Call me odd, "ODD!" ;-) but I'd like to keep my old desktop, OLD. My laptop has upgraded to Win10 and I'm finding my way round.

I'm trying to find out whether MS are stopping the SP1 working or whether there is a GOOD copy I could lay my hands on.

As for Loader, yes, I was aware Daz made the loader. I thought it'd been renamed; but can now find details in these forums that it is still Win Loader and v2.2.2 or so. I'm still using something like 1.9.6....

Kind regards

Sp3edy

4. sp3edy

sp3edy MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2016
    OH MY!!! THANK You. I tried what was suggested in that article and can now see what you are getting at... :clap: :worthy: