New Laptop Win 10 Home - Convert to Pro help !

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by olivespin, Aug 18, 2016.

1. olivespin

olivespin MDL Junior Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Getting a new Acer Switch Alpha 12 Tablet/Laptop hybrid - It comes with Win10 Home and I wonder how can I convert it to Win 10 Pro.

Please suggest.

2. l33tissw00t

l33tissw00t MDL Addicted

Dec 6, 2012
    There's no loader for W10. You can activate your pro edition via KMS, with programs such as Microsoft Toolkit, KMS_VL_ALL, KMSPico, etc.

3. olivespin

Jan 9, 2010
    #5 olivespin, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    (OP)
    The method I believe can work would be, installing windows 7 ultimate first, activating via Daz loader and then bump to a free Win 10 pro upgrade.

Three questions now:
    1] Problem is I have Win 7 CD and have no idea how to get it simply on USB.
    2] Daz loader will activate on this latest skylake based Laptop, without creating any problem?
    3] If I activate how to get Win 10pro - I heard using sum disability tools gets to Win10 upgrade OR I will just get notification normally as Microsoft is still running the upgrade offer.

4. crazyuser

crazyuser MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2016
    search for a win10 pro key, try until update to pro, and then use kmstools to activate pro version, easy.

5. naxal

naxal MDL Member

May 15, 2014
    Off topic may be, but I really hate the factory loaded version of Windows and its configurations !! Specially the extra bloatware which these hardware vendors think we would like..

What I like and love KMS for, is, I go ahead with a fresh installation of Windows and start setting my up as per my requirement from scratch !!

Its an one time headache but peace for next few years till when new version of Windows may require me to repeat or any hardware failure (like HDD)..

6. quintas84

quintas84 MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2015
    I made this two days ago
    Put windows 7 ultimate in a pen drive with one tool called windows download tool after you have to install it (you have to enter in you bios press f2 when booting and change uefi to legacy and in boot order put pen drive in first place save and reboot)and activate with daz loader after that Google accessibility/windows10upgrade
    And upgrade your pc with the tool no verification made and voila you have your windows 10 activated

7. naxal

naxal MDL Member

May 15, 2014
    ^^
    MTK works fine, and its much easier by the way.. Few clicks and you are set.. :g:

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    1. Extract cd to FAT32 formatted USB thumbdrive
    2. If it's a selfbuild system enable CSM (Legacy BIOS compatibillity on UEFI mobo's), install 7 SP1 and use DAZ' Windows Loader
    3. If step 2 is successfully done, just extract the 10 Multiple Editions iso to a folder on the desktop and run the setup.exe.

9. olivespin

Jan 9, 2010
    Thx - Will try

USB boot drive successfully created, now after installing and activating Win7... I just use my Win10 .iso image and run setup? No need to wait for the upgrade offer to pop ?

Couldn't understand What u were trying to say with the image ?

10. olivespin

Jan 9, 2010
    #12 olivespin, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    (OP)
    guyz got the laptop and after inserting Win 7 USB, it boots and then stucks at Windows logo...
    I have made USB drive with all additional drivers for USB 3.0 port and is UEFI compatible but still same thing... Any pointers as to now what drivers would be causing the freeze ?

Removing all unnecessary devices is not helping as well...

Also, please link me to win 7 ultimate file that I can just DL and use off the USB....

11. olivespin

Jan 9, 2010
    Buddy, the USB I have created is certainly not working.. pls can u provide direct link to .iso that I can simply write to my pendrive and use ?

12. FCM168

FCM168 MDL Junior Member

Mar 27, 2008
    You cannot re-install windows thinking you can go back to pro, as you activated Windows 10 Pro via KMS. You will need to upgrade again and activate via KMS one more time, and as many time as you install Windows 10 Pro you will need to activate via KMS....

You will not get the digital entitlement as you do when you upgraded via the free period or OEM or RTM...

If I am wrong, than someone correct me.

13. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    What Bat.1 was trying to tell you was go to store and buy Win 10 Pro as you have a OEM of Win 10 Home, the free upgrade to Win 10 Pro is over, so either buy it (Key) or wait for the Free upgrade to come out again which it probably will, you will have to stay on Home until you buy Pro key or wait for free upgrade again or a KMS solution in the works.:D. Every time you try to install Win 10 it will go to the OEM key you have (Home Win 10) until you mess that up.:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. olivespin

Jan 9, 2010
    Thx guys for correct info., guess will stick to Win 10 home until something permanent is invented !

15. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Sometimes maybe the fastest, easiest, most efficient and most stable solution is to simply purchase what you need straight from the source.

16. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    #19 T-S, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016

No need to invent anything.

If you have a notebook with the W10 home key stored in the bios, home takes priority over Pro even if you have the digital entitlement for it.

So the straightforward way is to use a pro only image, and not the dual ones you can download from the MS website.

Also you can deploy the intended image quickly using dism /apply-image ot imagex /apply or the graphical gimagex. (use the correct index number to choose between home and pro)

Also I think you can add the ei.cfg file to force the installation to ask the key. If you use the generic pro key, pro will be installed. (I have no direct experience with this third method, but 1 and 2 will work for sure).

17. stream

stream MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I can personally confirm that the third method also works.

So no need to worry about using Multiple Edition (Home+Pro) ISOs.

A correct ei.cfg will suffice.