New method SDC files ?? MSDNAA "SDC File" Unpack Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by phukme, Oct 17, 2009.

1. phukme

phukme MDL Junior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    It appears as though MS has retaliated in relation to all of the freely available MSDNAA downloads that NON-MSDNAA members are downloading.
    There seems to be a new method of encryption of the SDC files and the result is no-one seems to able to unpack the joined output sdc file. I know that "imagi" is working on a newer version of his unpacksdc that will hopefully overcome this problem.

BUT MY QUESTION IS: HOW/WHAT PROGRAM DO STUDENTS/ACADEMICS USE TO JOIN AND UNPACK THE SDC FILES THAT THEY DOWNLOAD FROM THE MSDNAA SERVERS???

AND WHY HASN'T THAT PROGRAM BEEN MADE AVAILABLE TO ALL US LEGITIMATE HACKERS???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Good question. But, caps off please.:mad:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
  4. phukme

phukme MDL Junior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    what am I supposed to find there?

I appreciate any/all help; but your post indicates I'll find what I'm looking for at *.sh.cvut.cz/MSDNAA/Rapid_Setup/.

What am I looking for? I can't see anything to do with unpacking sdc files. So please be more specific and help me out here.....

5. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    These files should not have the new encryption in the sdc files as they were not downloaded from the MSDNAA Downloader. The old unpacksdc will unpack them without errors.

6. phukme

phukme MDL Junior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Now I understand !!

My only concern is that I got mine from *.*elms.pjwstk.edu.pl/sdc/en_windows_7_professional_x64_dvd_X15-65805.01.sdc + 02.sdc
    Is there anyway to determine if they are indeed earlier versions of encryption with the same file names? Mine gave hash values of the following:
    ==================================================
    Filename : en_windows_7_professional_x64_dvd_X15-65805.01.sdc
    MD5 : 9b16ba484af2dc224a61c89967f9faf8
    SHA1 : b4c300b382152351c5a48b4a00719b5c8f5d88c1
    CRC32 : bd4e9b98
    Extension : sdc

Filename : en_windows_7_professional_x64_dvd_X15-65805.02.sdc
    MD5 : c12b9e14fe615b2a772817598bd1dd99
    SHA1 : 1239109443a3434d34cefe224ae75af390fc1ced
    CRC32 : bde4e403
    Extension : sdc

7. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I do not know the hash values of the files. All I can say is download and check them. I have grabbed other files from this site that was upped after they implemented the new encryption and I have not had any problem unpacking them with unpacksdc.exe

I would grab the files and check the hashes but I have a slow connection.

8. ravenman

ravenman MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    i have same problem , i will check download SDC file before year 2010 ,... , now iam downloading SDC file with August2009 timestamp ,if download will be complete, i tried unpack with UNPACKSDC 1.1 .... i inform yours (sry for my english)

9. HappyHacker

HappyHacker MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2010
    #9 HappyHacker, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
    this post is a little old so i thought i would bump it abit :)
    Ok gonna answer a few questions that were posted above..to find out which version of SDC file you have downloaded is very simple.
    Start your download, wait till it starts and then stop it,,now open it up in a hex editor (ultraEdit or Hexworkshop etc.)
    the very first byte will be B3 or B4, or C4 if its a sdc file that imagi's unpacker will work on..if you see instead 00 then it's the newer sdc version and you will need the e-academy downloader to unpack it.

Next here is how the e-academy downloader works on multi part files eg. .01.sdc, .02.sdc when it finishes downloading part 01 it appends the beginning of part 02 onto the end of part 01 and continues the download so it ends up with one big file, then checks the crc to confirm everything went ok and if so unpacks it.

Totake 2 seperate files 01.sdc and 02.sdc and combine them into 1 file you could use copy /b filename.01.sdc+filename.02.sdc filename.03.sdc so that you can use imagi's unpacker on it.
    If instead you have the new e-academy downloader/unpacker and you downloaded the files directly then you will want to do the same thing as above but the end file must be renamed afterwards to what the first file was called else it start the download again or start downloading part 2 and adding it to part 1.
    So you might want to do something like this.. eg,,,
    rename en_visual_studio_2008_professional_x86_x64wow_dvd_X14-26326.01.sdc to 01.sdc
    rename en_visual_studio_2008_professional_x86_x64wow_dvd_X14-26326.02.sdc to 02.sdc
    then copy /b 01.sdc+02.sdc en_visual_studio_2008_professional_x86_x64wow_dvd_X14-26326.01.sdc
    or if command prompt typing isn't your thing just download File Append and Split Tool and crack it like i did hehe

Next the new Sdc downloader/unpacker from e-academy is bundled with blowfish encryption making unauthorised unpacking impossible without the real downloader/unpacker.

As for imagi coming out with a new unpacker..i think not lol but i did LMAO it's not perfect but it works hehe

In the process of testing it i ran across something very odd tho.
    when i used the e-academy downloader to get msdn_library_July2005_cd1.sdc it stopped at the checking crc screen when it started the unpack process.
    when i used the e-academy downloader to get msdn_library_July2005_cd2.sdc it started downloading msdn_library_July2005_cd1.sdc all over again and then stopped at the checking crc screen
    when i used the e-academy downloader to get msdn_library_July2005_cd3.sdc it started downloading msdn_library_July2005_cd2.sdc what the $%@&$ is up with that lmao

So i found someone who had the e-academy downloader for MSDN Library - July 2005 (Full) but when i ran it it started downloading msdn_library_July2005_cd3.sdc

Someone at e-academy really screwed those up when they transfered from the old version of sdc to the new sdc format lol

Update to last statement:
    appearently the MSDN Library - July 2005 (Full) downloader is in fact the downloader/unpacker for cd3 as it unpacked it just fine..still not sure whats up with cd1 and cd2 tho

10. HappyHacker

HappyHacker MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2010
    Does anyone have a direct link to the file msdn_library_July2005_cd2.sdc that imagi's unpacker will work on?
    I've already found good files for cd1 and cd3 but i can't locate good file for cd2

Or does anyone have the already unpacked iso of the above they can give the link to or possibly upload either to mediafire, rapidshare, etc.

11. air_p

air_p MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2010
    old thread, but still don't find a way to unpack...

12. daveit1000

daveit1000 MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2012
    It's Been A While But It Gave me an erro on the Download manager that it can't unpack so i closed the manager opened it and resume and now it' unpacking so try opening it click resume if it says error close it open the Secure Download Manager Again and try clicking resume again maybe then it will work